I told all you that said Larry needs to play 2nd base

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You at least need to shore your defense up late in the game on a close ball game like that leaving him in the lineup was not a good decision. You want your infield to be the best it can be a tie game on the road, late in the game.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
That’s not as easy play with the runner barreling down on you. Even if he catches it cleanly, he’s got a runner all in his feet to make the throw.
Agreed not easy… but a capable second baseman has a chance with it…. Larry played it extremely poorly

Reactions: Anon1697564126

H8arebel

Feb 12, 2023
Of course you don't want to come to that but damn play before he looked like he was just trying to get one. Never in a rush to get ball to 2nd. We haven't been very good at dps all year. He is a very average infielder and that is sadly the truth. My son calls me an old head but I go back to 7th when they scored 2. Ball hit between Larry and Mersch. Play straight up its an out right to Mersch. There is a reason why people have been playing in the same general area on the infield for 130 years. It's called Geometry.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We really shouldn't have gotten down to relying our defense. we should have put the ball and play better tonight when we were at bat.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Not sure how many we expected to score. Their started hadn’t given up more than 3 runs but twice in 15 starts.

up 4-2. Gotta find a way to close the door

Reactions: dog12

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Pulliam right out of HS would have made that play. Mershy would have made that play. Chester would have made that play.
Disagree. It’s an 8-9 outta 10 on the difficulty scale. Only one we got on our roster that can make that play is Mershon…. However I agree Larry probably had the least chances of making the play. Hell he doesn’t even look comfortable throwing the ball to second

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Disagree. It’s an 8-9 outta 10 on the difficulty scale. Only one we got on our roster that can make that play is Mershon…. However I agree Larry probably had the least chances of making the play. Hell he doesn’t even look comfortable throwing the ball to second
I'd rate it about a 7 maybe in difficulty but if you can't make that play you shouldn't be on the field in the post season. I'm guessing it was ruled an error

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
I’m adding one other facet to this discussion and that’s Harding. Seems like every time he pitches he’s pitching with runners on base that he’s caused. Very rarely does he pitch a shutout inning. Not blaming him for the loss, but he didn’t help the situation. Lack of productive hitting is blamed for this loss.

Reactions: onewoof

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Had we had the lead in the bottom of the ninth, we probably see Chester at 2nd. But we didn’t have the lead. None of it matters if we can’t score.

Amani is starting at 2nd again today. Do you honestly think you know baseball/our team better than our coaches?
It’s a flawed roster. We either have to sacrifice offense for defense or vice versa. Obviously we have chosen to sacrifice the defense…. But you can’t really fault the questions about Larry at second. He’s proven to be a liability there

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I realized Larry was trying to get to the ball before it hit second base and couldn't get to it. That's a tough play. Let's play ball and forget about last night

Reactions: patdog

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Hell he doesn’t even look comfortable throwing the ball to second
On 2 or 3 throws after cleanly fielding a ground ball, Larry looked to be unsure/uncomfortable making the throw to first base. Has he been doing that all season?

It appeared that Larry would hesitate (or, slow down) his throwing arm motion right before releasing the ball. It looked really strange to me.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Money ball. He's on base 40% of the time. It's not just batting avg my people

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login