I told you before the season started we will be 7 - 5.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Any other questions tonight?

We won. I'll see you tomorrow or Monday.

PS - we played horrible, ******, and the coaches are to blame for our players playing so lackadaisical and without any fire on offense.

That being said, we would've lost that game under any other coach at Mississippi State. Yes, even Dan Mullen. You can disagree with me, but you know it's true.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I'm staying with my 8-4 call but was getting ready to come here and eat some nasty arse crow.

This game was ridiculous in so many ways but we never recover like we did tonight so there's that.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
6-6 was my prediction
I started there. I'm surprised it took us playing all the way to the Auburn game for us to have a game this bad. I love Will to death, but he is not the next level quarterback that we need to run this offense. And the wide receivers are not as good as they need to be to run this offense.

Georgia is going to destroy us.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
The effort by our offense once we got up big was absolutely awful. No killer instinct by that bunch. Massimo and the defense were the big winners tonight. Those lazy drops by our receivers at the start of the second half nearly cost us. Our offensive adjustments suck *** and are unacceptable.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I also predicted 6-6. They say a win over any sec team is a good win. I don’t buy that crap. MSU should have stomped Auburn. I learned what winners do when I played high school basketball. We won 5 games in two years followed by 40+ wins the next two. Same players. The difference is what separates winners and losers and you can’t explain it, but you can feel it. This team doesn’t even know they have a losers mentality.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This team doesn’t even know they have a losers mentality.

It's not the team it's the program and it infects our fans as well. Everybody thinks it's about not accepting mediocrity. It's about building something that you just reload year after year after year and we will never be patient enough to do that here at Mississippi State...and more importantly, we will never have the money to do it either. That is why we hire gimmick coaches and then scream when they don't succeed because they don't have the players they need to succeed overnight.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I started there. I'm surprised it took us playing all the way to the Auburn game for us to have a game this bad. I love Will to death, but he is not the next level quarterback that we need to run this offense. And the wide receivers are not as good as they need to be to run this offense.

Georgia is going to destroy us.
I think we'll have a sneaky good game against UGA

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
We may lose to OM, but they're not nearly as good as some of y'all seem to think. With our schedule they're almost certainly no better than 6-3 as well.
Who do you think beats them outside of Bama and LSU of the 9 games we have played? Arkansas, Memphis, Arizona, or Bowling Green? They already beat all of the others.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Who do you think beats them outside of Bama and LSU of the 9 games we have played? Arkansas, Memphis, Arizona, or Bowling Green? They already beat all of the others.

They lose the same 3 games we did.

They beat UK in a home game by the skin of their teeth. You think they don't lose that game at night in Lexington with Kentucky's backs to the wall?

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
I don't like that our defense is still staring at the sideline a split second before the ball is snapped. Are they having calculus class? Call a defense and get ready to go.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022

They beat UK in a home game by the skin of their teeth. You think they don't lose that game at night in Lexington with Kentucky's backs to the wall?
Lexington is not Death Valley. They faced a lot healthier Kentucky than we did at 11 AM in the sun. We’ll see if they lose to Bama. Bama typically checks out when they have nothing left to play for. I’m just glad LSU took care of Bama to block the path to Atlanta for Ole Miss.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Lexington is not Death Valley. They faced a lot healthier Kentucky than we did at 11 AM in the sun. We’ll see if they lose to Bama. Bama typically checks out when they have nothing left to play for. I’m just glad LSU took care of Bama to block the path to Atlanta for Ole Miss.

I don't think we beat Ole Miss, I just think they're pretty overrated based on the way their schedule has laid out.

They may finish 11-1, but they could also finish 8-4 and it wouldn't be a huge surprise.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I predicted 6-6 because I've been a State fan for decades. We'll be 7-5. I'll watch the Egg Bowl but I'm not expecting a miracle

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

They wouldn't have abandoned the run game I know that.

Reactions: patdog

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
6-6 was my prediction
Mine as well. I'm somewhat pleased that we, baring a major disaster, will top it. We won all three of the home games I rated as toss ups. I thought we would win two. Hopefully we can pull a HUGE surprise with the one on the road.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Low expectations garners great rewards.
where do we want to be as program? I feel like 8 wins is a good year with this schedule. 9 would have been great. I feel like 6 would have been very disappointing. 7 is okay but will mean a third straight loss to UM. Which to me is never a fully successful season if you lose that game. So beat UM and it's a good season. Lose snd it was okay. Get obliterated and it sucks even with 7 wins

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
It's not the team it's the program and it infects our fans as well. Everybody thinks it's about not accepting mediocrity. It's about building something that you just reload year after year after year and we will never be patient enough to do that here at Mississippi State...and more importantly, we will never have the money to do it either. That is why we hire gimmick coaches and then scream when they don't succeed because they don't have the players they need to succeed overnight.
This has so much cold hard truth to it.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Any other questions tonight?

We won. I'll see you tomorrow or Monday.

PS - we played horrible, ******, and the coaches are to blame for our players playing so lackadaisical and without any fire on offense.

That being said, we would've lost that game under any other coach at Mississippi State. Yes, even Dan Mullen. You can disagree with me, but you know it's true.
What is your 17’ing point. So did @ 60% of posters. And I don’t think Leach pulled off some improbable win yesterday, it’s amazing how all of the sudden Cadillac Williams is Vince Lombardi and we were lucky to escape with a Victory.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
With your 7-5 prediction, did you also predict A&M and Arkansas were vastly over rated, while LSU was a top 10 program?

I had us at 6-6. If I had known the above, zi would have said 7-5. And I'm a pessimist.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Great post. It’s that gimmick/unconventional system that allows lesser talented teams to compete with more talented teams. It is working will,work very well when you get a q b who is as good as minshew, Harrell, s y mon s, f a l k, and any number of former leach q b s. O line has to get better and you need an explosive receiver or two, but this is not far off and may be on the roster now.

we have a fan base who mentally has been a loser so long they would saw off their own feet before allowing any success to be built.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Came from behind, twice and late, after having no offense for almost 3 quarters, nailed 3 straight field goal attempts under pressure, Auburn missed one in OT, and a running play won the game for us. I'm off to buy a Powerball in the State shirt I wore yesterday

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I said 6-6 also and we'd be a better team than last year although the record might ot show it

If 7-5 or better, I'm happy to be incorrect

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Most every year I predict 6 to 7 wins unless we are really sucking. With our history its not that hard to come close to being right.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
We may lose to OM, but they're not nearly as good as some of y'all seem to think. With our schedule they're almost certainly no better than 6-3 as well.
They are a middle of the road team that has benefited from an easy schedule and they are very beatable. I just don't see us shutting down their big plays nor do I see us having the offense to keep up with them for four quarters.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
They are a middle of the road team that has benefited from an easy schedule and they are very beatable. I just don't see us shutting down their big plays nor do I see us having the offense to keep up with them for four quarters.

I don't think I'd characterize Ole Miss as middle of the road. They're far above average in D1 college football. I just question their Top 10ish rankings.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Tsun was down by a good chunk to Vandy in the 1st half and was down to them at halftime by 3. They were shut out in the 2nd half against Tulsa and allowed that bad team to make it a close game. Barely beat KY & A&M. If my prediction holds and they get crushed by bamer and lose to pig on the road, they will be prime beef for our DOGS if they are hungry and prepared. And I realize that things can go differently cuz you never know.

Reactions: Grover777
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login