I want to thank all of you.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
I lost my Dad on 2 August. Between the Memes, Kroger gas, Dawgstudent’s posts and especially HBP, thanks. He was an obstinate SOB that was doing what he wanted at the time. You guys have distracted me. I am appreciative. He was a wonderful man that I will never fully appreciate. Always surprised me. Thanks.

PointAfter

Nov 28, 2017
So sorry for your loss. It doesn’t matter the age (I was 14) or the circumstances, it’s still a tough time. Prayers for you and your family.

Reactions: HRMSU and Fritz!

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I Support You Democratic Party GIF by Joe Biden

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
He was an obstinate SOB
He was a wonderful man I will never fully appreciate.

yep… I can identify. Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Fritz!

maroontide06

Dec 14, 2023
I don’t know what it’s like losing a parent, but I do know what it’s like losing grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I took losing my grandpa the hardest. He definitely did things his way and refused to come home empty handed. I’m so sorry for your loss.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I can understand. Lost my brother in January and mom in this past June. My real dad who broke his back in Vietnam died when I was 10. Kind of weird being the last one. I do have a stepdad I love very much. Raised me like I was his. Sorry for your loss.
Did he die in country or when he got back?

Oct 7, 2022
I lost my Dad on 2 August. Between the Memes, Kroger gas, Dawgstudent’s posts and especially HBP, thanks. He was an obstinate SOB that was doing what he wanted at the time. You guys have distracted me. I am appreciative. He was a wonderful man that I will never fully appreciate. Always surprised me. Thanks.
Bless you.

From experience. 6 months from now……..come back…….you’re really going to need us. I don’t mean that in a smart *** way. Bless you.

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Bless you.

From experience. 6 months from now……..come back…….you’re really going to need us. I don’t mean that in a smart *** way. Bless you.
Been here all along, much like other State fans, not going anywhere. Thanks again for all of you guys (and/or girls, not that there’s anything wrong with that). I guess I just needed somewhere else to vent. Yall have not disappointed, and are very appreciated. Sometimes you just need to type it out and talk to strangers when you feel like you can’t say it to people you know.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Lost mine back in 2003. Hard to believe it's been over 20 years since I've heard his voice. I truly sorry for your loss, but there's something to be said for going out on your own terms. For those of you that still have your parents, don't ever take them for granted. I know it feels like they'll always be here, but they won't. Cherish the time you have with them.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Lost mine back in 2003. Hard to believe it's been over 20 years since I've heard his voice. I truly sorry for your loss, but there's something to be said for going out on your own terms. For those of you that still have your parents, don't ever take them for granted. I know it feels like they'll always be here, but they won't. Cherish the time you have with them.
I lost mine to the COVID in 2020. Your post made me think about what I'm trying to do with my older relatives. I'm trying to get video so I can watch it to see them and hear their voices. It is something we can't do after they are gone. I wish I had done this with my Dad. He would have been rude when I recorded him but that would have fit his character.

Nov 29, 2017
Lost mine when I was 27. Prayers for you fellow Dawg. Time will slowly heal the pain and the void of not having your old man, it’s definitely not easy but hang in there!

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Did he die in country or when he got back?
He died several years after coming home. They offered to put his name on the Wall, but my mom said no because she felt that he would not want it there because he did not die there. He got to come home and see his family before dying.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Well, now you can stop holding your breath. Been there, done it. Went a bit all bottled up trying to keep my nose down.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
My father was/is a complete POS who was never there for me as a kid and outright abandoned me and my brother when I was 13. When he does die I will feel absolutely nothing.

I say that for this reason: All of you guys who have lost fathers, and it still hurts, be glad it does. It means you were lucky.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Lost mine in 2007. His dad was a hard worker and provider, but that was about it. His dad said little, and showed no affection or emotion, worked and drank and not much more.
Thankfully, for whatever reason though mine never missed an opportunity for us to go to a MSU football game together for about 45 years of my life. He never missed a football or baseball game of mine for about 15 years of my life. We hunted and fished together for decades, cooked outside together, volunteered together. These are all things that I have done for years with my daughters, even the hunting and fishing. So glad my dad was like he was and not like his was, I was very fortunate

msualohadog

Oct 25, 2014
My dad is 85 and is a true bulldawg. He was a Vietnam vet and retired from a 30 yr career in the Army.

I tear up whenever I hear the Luke Combs song because my dad is definitely 10 feet tall and bulletproof. Truly sad for your loss, mine's coming.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I've learned to not look at what he wasn't. And what I don't have now. But the good in him and how blessed I was. And I'm not going to be stuck on the last page of the story, even though that's human nature to do so. They say that the victors write the history. And that's how it will be written.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I think about my Dad at this time every year. He loved him some college football and it was the source of a ton of conversations between us. You have my sympathy.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Man, I’m so sorry. It’s tough. Time helps, and so does distractions.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
2006. He was an SOB, and we got close late. Miss his voice. Hang.

Reactions: Fritz! and dorndawg

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I feel your pain........Lost my Dad the last week of June this year.........Lost my Mom the previous year.........Mrs. Salty lost her grandmother in April so we've lost a lot of immediate family in a very short period of time.........Losing one parent is bad enough but when you lose them both there's an emptiness that's truly hard to explain.........

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Sincere blessings to you. It is a hurtful time.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Lost my dad at 19 stage 4 cancer that he actually fought for years. Was diagnosed in 85 lived until 2005. Lost my mom 2 years later in 2007 in a house fire. I also always think about my dad this time of year. He loved me not football. Why I say that he was a baseball guy. I turned out to be six foot three 290 pounds and played line in college. So he tried to learn football and took me to state games from the time I was very young. He would always say boy now would be a good time for interception anytime we were on defense. Of course anytime would be, but he was trying to be part of what I loved because that is what dads do. I do that with my daughter now anytime we get on defense I will lean over and tell her baby what would grandpa say? Without missing a beat she will smile and say interception daddy. Now she is three so I am pretty sure she is saying interception, but she knows her grandpa loved her even though they never actually met.

Said all that to say this. If you still have your parents cherish them. My wife’s mother is 75 and not long for earth now. I try to go with my family to see her as much as we can because I want my daughter to know her. I always get emotional when I think how much I wanted my own dad to meet my daughter so I never miss an opportunity for her to get to see her remaining grandma.

Reactions: Fritz! and onewoof

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Lost my dad at 19 stage 4 cancer that he actually fought for years. Was diagnosed in 85 lived until 2005. Lost my mom 2 years later in 2007 in a house fire. I also always think about my dad this time of year. He loved me not football. Why I say that he was a baseball guy. I turned out to be six foot three 290 pounds and played line in college. So he tried to learn football and took me to state games from the time I was very young. He would always say boy now would be a good time for interception anytime we were on defense. Of course anytime would be, but he was trying to be part of what I loved because that is what dads do. I do that with my daughter now anytime we get on defense I will lean over and tell her baby what would grandpa say? Without missing a beat she will smile and say interception daddy. Now she is three so I am pretty sure she is saying interception, but she knows her grandpa loved her even though they never actually met.

Said all that to say this. If you still have your parents cherish them. My wife’s mother is 75 and not long for earth now. I try to go with my family to see her as much as we can because I want my daughter to know her. I always get emotional when I think how much I wanted my own dad to meet my daughter so I never miss an opportunity for her to get to see her remaining grandma.

Good post. Lucifer was an angel before turning to the dark side.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login