I was listening to Finebaum on the way home...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
and a fan calls in and they get to who are the worst teams in the SEC. They decide on State and Vandy and Finebaum ends the call with "I know who is the worst coached team in the conference" and I don't think he was referencing Vandy.

Reactions: SouthMsDawg02

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Clark Lea is a pretty decent coach but got his roster raided, I’m surprised Vandy doesn’t have better NIL. Finebaum isn’t wrong.

Reactions: SouthMsDawg02

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
The USM AD came out with a statement today on their football program. Fans have been blowing him up to fire Hall. He said he understands the slow start is disappointing, but football matters and they're going to do everything they can to get it right.
I bet Will Hall really appreciated that lol.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The USM AD came out with a statement today on their football program. Fans have been blowing him up to fire Hall. He said he understands the slow start is disappointing, but football matters and they're going to do everything they can to get it right.
I bet Will Hall really appreciated that lol
Well their AD is at least speaking out to the fans and addressing and acknowledging the situation, so there's that. He's not hiding under The Rock (pun intended) and burying his head in the sand

Last edited:

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I bet Will Hall really appreciated that lol.
Yep. Scott Watkins - the USM beat guy for the Sun Herald - shared that statement:

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
and a fan calls in and they get to who are the worst teams in the SEC. They decide on State and Vandy and Finebaum ends the call with "I know who is the worst coached team in the conference" and I don't think he was referencing Vandy.
Clark Lea is a pretty decent coach. Vandy doesn't have near the talent we do. He could get them to a level like James Franklin did in the near future. Then we will be dead last for sure.

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Everyone knows we suck again and arnett is in over his head. Our offense is worse than last year and our defense with the same staff has nosedived off a cliff.

Reactions: patdog

Simmer

Jun 21, 2013
Well their AD is at least speaking out to the fans and addressing and acknowledging the situation, so there's that. He's not hiding under the rock (pun intended) and burying his head in the sand
Sports Business Journal (SBJ) did a Forty Under 40 with Zac Selmon. Two q&a's stuck out the most:

Most pressing issue facing my generation is … : Connection, contentment, and finding purpose.

The sports industry needs to do a better job of … : Identifying and retaining the best talent.

I'll let you take what you want in this, but he ain't connecting.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
And he would be right. We wasted what could have been another 9 win season.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun

Jan 9, 2016
Sports Business Journal (SBJ) did a Forty Under 40 with Zac Selmon. Two q&a's stuck out the most:

Most pressing issue facing my generation is … : Connection, contentment, and finding purpose.

The sports industry needs to do a better job of … : Identifying and retaining the best talent.

I'll let you take what you want in this, but he ain't connecting.

He isn't and hasn't. 1st year Head of Football in over his head....1st year Head of Athletics the same.....I'm thinking all this falls on Head of the University.

Reactions: blitz2Win

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
If Selmon doesn’t come out publicly and tell the fan base something in my opinion he should be fired also. He’s not done much in my opinion. He sure the heck hasn’t been public with his thoughts opinions and vision for the future of OUR atheletic Dept. Get off your butt and show some leadership and quit hiding in your office.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
If Selmon doesn’t come out publicly and tell the fan base something in my opinion he should be fired also. He’s not done much in my opinion. He sure the heck hasn’t been public with his thoughts opinions and vision for the future of OUR atheletic Dept. Get off your butt and show some leadership and quit hiding in your office.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Feb 4, 2015
Look,we already know what a bad hire Arnett was and Will's incapabilities especially with this offense and not to mention the atrocious defense but the elephant in the room is our inept administration. You would think after the slophead debacle we wouldn't go backwards again but here we are once again. I admit i didn't watch but maybe three or four plays saturday night because of my disgust of our program but what little I did I saw a large maroon clad stadium there hungry to see a great product and once again a crap show. How long is our fanbase going to put up with this crap before its too far gone? Nobody wants to spend their hard earned money and time watching this same ol crap over and over again. We have always seemed to be cheap state university. Meanwhile the crap school to the north of us gets it. They do what ever they have to do to win even hiring that coach they got for basketball which will probably pay great dividends for them. I have been a faithful dawg follower for over fourty years and I've finally had all I can stand with our football program and done with it until we get another coach. I've also seen where there are a lot of long standing season ticket holders that have said they will not renew for next year. Yeah I know that gets said a lot just out of desparation but a lot of it is true. I just cannot understand why our administration doesn't put way more into our football program which brings in waaaay more revenue than the other sports do. I'm sick of us hiring coordinators and experimenting with them!!!

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I am also a 40yr+ dog follower. I’ve invested a lot of money over the years following the dogs in not only football but basketball and baseball. The return for what? A football team that has coaches that don’t prepare a team to win. A football team that lacks in talent. Same in baseball. Until our current administration wants to get seious with sports and I do mean serious. I’m done. I’ll go back to staying at home and watching on tv. Spending way too much money and way too many late nights and early mornings to travel to watch inferior sports. I love MSU more than most. My friends and co-workers think I’m crazy for continuing supporting. And couple that with how well our other in state SEC university is doing is just more than I can stomach.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Rock and a hard place. His brand new boss hired the guy.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
confused stan marsh GIF by South Park

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I am also a 40yr+ dog follower. I’ve invested a lot of money over the years following the dogs in not only football but basketball and baseball. The return for what? A football team that has coaches that don’t prepare a team to win. A football team that lacks in talent. Same in baseball. Until our current administration wants to get seious with sports and I do mean serious. I’m done. I’ll go back to staying at home and watching on tv. Spending way too much money and way too many late nights and early mornings to travel to watch inferior sports. I love MSU more than most. My friends and co-workers think I’m crazy for continuing supporting. And couple that with how well our other in state SEC university is doing is just more than I can stomach.

I'm glad you are a 40 year dog follower and not a fourty year dog follower. You guys crack me up. For the record I could care less what my friends and co-workers think about my sports fandom and I really could care less about the university of Mississippi. You can do better.

Aug 22, 2012
Offense isn't far behind what we had under leach. We did basically the same against bama that he did. LSU was bad.

It's the defense that is the major concern. Still in a wait and see approach on the offense for when we play ARK, UK, A&M, AUB, and OM. Leach moved the ball well against those teams.

I do think that the best thing overall is to just get rid of this staff and let Selmon make the hire.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login