I will say this

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
…..this is the best one that gets our essence. And whether he succeeds or fails, I think we’ve got a coach that gets our essence as well and is damn glad to be here.

100% agree
some of
JB’s best work. Hard to describe his love for MSU……x100000
but this depiction, especially since 1980, really defines our program.

JB brought a swagger that sparked a movement….as the new offenses in college football began to generate more passes….MSU, especially late 80’s, early 90’s, thrived on running the football.

Funny how history repeats itself….and no better time to reinfect the offensive line and incoming “Big uglies” with the DNA of our true identity.

Mike Leach was tremendous, a true innovator, HOF in every facet, naturally we gave him the keys……..as he accomplished greatness at every stop… he elevated everyone around him. RIP , he’s the only person who would/ever, succeed at the offense in MS. He was the master.

however here we are…..2023

… a seasoned staff, spatial awareness, geographical scoping and a common sense strong enough to cultivate our MS HS talent, returning us to what we, historically do best…. We RTGDF.

Excited

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Vaguely remember that but well done and could still be used today. I will say it did lead us into the ..... South Alabama game. :oops:

What a weird year looking back over the schedule and scores.

• Haha
Reactions: kired

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Vaguely remember that but well done and could still be used today. I will say it did lead us into the ..... South Alabama game. :oops:

What a weird year looking back over the schedule and scores.
South Alabama and BYU were bad losses. Slept walk through 3 quarters in Baton Rouge but had the ball down 3 with a chance to win the game. Then couldn’t get a single defensive stop against Arkansas. That season was so frustrating

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Great video. I enjoyed watching JB play even though he scared the tar out of us carrying that ball out in his hand while running.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
…..this is the best one that gets our essence. And whether he succeeds or fails, I think we’ve got a coach that gets our essence as well and is damn glad to be here.

That had to be written by Carskadon, huh?

Great job by whoever did it, and JB did a great job in the read - he's right, he (and we) sound like Mississippi State.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
There were a couple of videos narrated by Maurey Bland, Jr. back in the 2017-18 era that I thought were really good. I would think you could still use his audio today for any sport - what I remember was mostly about being a Bulldog. One line that stuck out was something like "we are blue collar... red blooded... and wrapped in maroon and white". I always thought that summed us up nicely.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Was that the year they finally updated the logo on the water tower? If so, that was a nice touch to include in the video.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login