I Will Trade This Loss for Sweet 16

killahdmt

Mar 14, 2008
Okay, we should have beat Georgia, but there is no reason to bash the team and coaches like this. The key to our success is perimeter play and we just are not getting it consistently. Hopefully, Ben and Barry can find there shot before the NCAA tourney starts. This team is still a tough matchup for anybody. I still say that we can make it at least to the Sweet 16. Fans in general are so fickle, next week by this time it probably will be all praise for Stans and the players, so just remember what you are saying now.</p>

killahdmt

Mar 14, 2008
Okay, we should have beat Georgia, but there is no reason to bash the team and coaches like this. The key to our success is perimeter play and we just are not getting it consistently. Hopefully, Ben and Barry can find there shot before the NCAA tourney starts. This team is still a tough matchup for anybody. I still say that we can make it at least to the Sweet 16. Fans in general are so fickle, next week by this time it probably will be all praise for Stans and the players, so just remember what you are saying now.</p>

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
if we play like we did today and yesterday. My church league team 13 years ago coulda beat this team tonight.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
the key to this team, and any Stansbury "coached" team is defending and rebounding. Neither of which we did tonight.

Oh, and we shot like **** from 3pt all tournament, too.

That is textbook "no Sweet 16 for us".

WinDawg

Nov 25, 2006
In fact, this loss makes our hopes of a Sweet 16 much harder. We are likely to be an 8 seed (7 at best), so we will match up with a 1 or a 2 in the second round. Don't bother making reservations for the second weekend.</p>

killahdmt

Mar 14, 2008
Defense and Rebounding is an obvious key and what we live on, but we are at our best when Ben and Barry make shots along with that. If we make a run in the tourney, it will be because they are hitting their shots; otherwise, teams will zone us and take away our inside play like Geogia did.

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Bama did the same thing to us last night. Any team that wants to beat State in March does it. Stans just can't get great shooters on campus. Period. And that's the only thing holding us back for all these years. He's yet to recruit anyone that can shoot it like Super D did. It's been one bust after another, or if not that, then the NBA got 'em before we did.

killahdmt

Mar 14, 2008
LimpinDawg said:
Quit kidding yourself, It ain't happenin.</p>

And when it does happen, quit kidding yourself that you are a fan. We have just a good a shot as anybody.</p>

M

MsuD00D

Go back to Gene's. I think MSBullie and the crew are about to start on the 2nd verse of Kumbaya. That seems to be more of your crowd.

killahdmt

Mar 14, 2008
MsuD00D said:
Go back to Gene's. I think MSBullie and the crew are about to start on the 2nd verse of Kumbaya. That seems to be more of your crowd.

Obviously, you came up with that one yourself.</p>

LimpinDawg

May 29, 2007
Bless these kids hearts. They played hard and really tried tonight but just couldn't get it done. Our kids just weren't at the top of their games. Stansbury was probably tired from sitting on his booty all day and couldn't think straight when the game was about to be decided. We will go back to Starkville, re-group and watch Coach K fundamentals of basketball and get ready to steamroll anyone standing in our way to the Sweet 16.

Bless our baseball kids hearts too. I'm sure that there were a couple of hundred fans in the stands today putting pressure on them as well.</p>

Frances Drebin

Nov 16, 2005
We have just a good a shot as anybody.
I'd wait until the seedings come out before proclaiming this. If we're a seven, we'd draw someone like Davidson in the first round, and a #2 in the second round in the unlikely event we'd get there. If we're an 8/9, we might get lucky enough to play someone who'll run with us in round 1, but we'd be playing a #1 in round two.

So, to say we have just as good a shot as anybody isn't only naive, but it's factually inaccurate.

BewareOfMSUDawg

Oct 8, 2006
killahdmt said:
Defense and Rebounding is an obvious key and what we live on, but we are at our best when Ben and Barry make shots along with that. If we make a run in the tourney, it will be because they are hitting their shots; otherwise, teams will zone us and take away our inside play like Geogia did.

You mean when we defend and rebound, AND have Ben and Barry makes shots we are at our best?
</p>
Wow guys, we have a basketball guru on our hands!

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
we lose a game just like many other good teams did across the country in their tournaments. even though GA had played earlier in the day which apparently should have guaranteed us the win.</p>

we lost because a team was playing for their life and we were playing for the hell of it. we could have/should have lost the bama game too.</p>

GA won and Bama almost won because they both played better D and rebounded better which means they played for their lives they had to try to make the NCAA tourney. They were also both shooting well with their backs against the wall.

Crap, Arkansas beat Tennessee the same way.

The way you girls whine you would think we were the only team in the nation that screwed the pooch in our conference tourney.

Not that we will, but if we make a run in the tourney, you should all change your usernames to FairWeatherLittleBitch#1, #2, #3. I will make sure the players follow up with you on this.

If not then, well, you are the pessimistic hereos of the universe and the world bows to your internet monkey cage **** slinging.</p>

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
but fighting for boards is our game and we didn't do it last night. Bottom line.

edited for translation error

davatron

May 28, 2007
I'd wait until the seedings come out before proclaiming this. If we're a seven, we'd draw someone like Davidson in the first round, and a #2 in the second round in the unlikely event we'd get there. If we're an 8/9, we might get lucky enough to play someone who'll run with us in round 1, but we'd be playing a #1 in round two.

So, to say we have just as good a shot as anybody isn't only naive, but it's factually inaccurate.

Then it is also factually inaccurate to say we don't have a chance. Wait for the brackets to decide if we'll be 2 and Q.

M

MsuD00D

So, because the worst team in the SEC is "playing for their tourney lives" it is excusable to lose to them.

We were the highest seed left in the tourney and this "hot" UGA team was playing their third game. ******** that loss was excusable. **** Stains laid a turd and the team blew any shot of making an NCAA run because they played themselves out of a decent seeding. Some of you State apologists that have an excuse for everything sometimes need a big dose of reality. Well, here it is. There is NO excusing what the team did yesterday. They flamed out against a vastly inferior and undermanned team and they will feel the kick in the nuts when selections are made this afternoon.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login