I wonder how many Power 5 schools…

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Have lost coaches outside of them being fired for not going to bowls.

Mullen - left for greener pastures

Moorhead - struggled but went to 2 bowl games and was undefeated against ole Miss

Leach - untimely death. RIP Coach.

And both Mullen and Leach arguably returned their most talented teams. That’s some State luck right there.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Now do baseball.**

ETA. And AD, along with men's and women's basketball. 17 me volleyball to prolly.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all.

Speaking of coaches... Arnett was praised for keeping the last recruiting class Leach had together in the aftermath. So of course Leach recruited for the Air Raid offense with the expectation they'd be coached by the same coordinators as before. I think it's obvious new coordinators brought in have been asking these kids to fit into an offense they weren't recruited for. As much as I'd like for the MSU of old with punishing running backs chewing up yards all day long, we have to play with the cards we chose to keep.

Reactions: blitz2Win

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Not that it is the same but Memphis St had a head coach die in an airplane crash. The year after he had a winning season. Then they went through two coaches in the next 5 seasons. But they were fired for poor performance (I think).

Dawgs_4_life

Jun 12, 2014
Not that it is the same but Memphis St had a head coach die in an airplane crash. The year after he had a winning season. Then they went through two coaches in the next 5 seasons. But they were fired for poor performance (I think).
Rex Dockery. Also, his top assistant and a major booster died in the plane crash as well.

the_onederer

Oct 14, 2021
LSU lost one before he ever coached a game in a plane crash. Robert Rein was hired to replace Charley Mac.

Of course, then there's Marshall who lost their entire team.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
LSU lost one before he ever coached a game in a plane crash. Robert Rein was hired to replace Charley Mac.

Of course, then there's Marshall who lost their entire team.
Was about to mention Bo Rein. He died in January 1980 after being hired in November 1979. LSU promoted Jerry Stovall to head coach after Rein’s death. He had one good season, one mediocre season and two terrible seasons. He also went 0-4 against Mississippi State and 2-2 against Tulane. He was fired after the 1983 season when he went 0-6 in the SEC.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
UNC could lose Mack Brown at any minute so they have a draft silver alert on the ready to blast out

1695822164114.png

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login