I would have been strongly against this even as late as yesterday afternoon,

patdog

May 28, 2007
but we're about 1-2 more 10-run rule losses away from time to pull the plug on Lemonis in the middle of the season and ask Polk if he'll come back and help us finish out the season. I've seen over 40 years of Mississippi State baseball and I've never seen anything this bad before.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
but we're about 1-2 more 10-run rule losses away from time to pull the plug on Lemonis in the middle of the season and ask Polk if he'll come back and help us finish out the season. I've seen over 40 years of Mississippi State baseball and I've never seen anything this bad before.
There is only one way to make this more embarrassing and bringing Polk back is that way. Its not going to help anything at all.

patdog

May 28, 2007
There is only one way to make this more embarrassing and bringing Polk back is that way. Its not going to help anything at all.
I would have agreed with you yesterday afternoon, and I don't really disagree now. But good lord, the season is young. If it's gone this far off the tracks already, how bad might it get?

Reactions: josebrown

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I would have agreed with you yesterday afternoon, and I don't really disagree now. But good lord, the season is young. If it's gone this far off the tracks already, how bad might it get?

The damage is already done. Finish 3-27 SEC, 5-25, 8-22, 10-20. Really….what’s the difference?

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

BigBully

Feb 27, 2008
It may come today and/or tomorrow. This is Rick Ray level bad. Time to pull the plug on this dude.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm disgusted enough that unless letting him go mid season gains us some form of advantage, I'd rather watch him suffer through this debacle so all the responsibility clearly falls on him. This is ridiculous.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Having Polk come in to finish the season does nothing. What you have currently isn’t going to magically change with Polk coaching mid season plus then he will want his two cents on who to hire.

Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I fully realize we've fallen behind with our talent but I don't think that's the whole story here. I don't even have a guess as to what the whole story is but there's got to a problem in the locker room..
You have to press almost every incorrect button to be this bad anywhere. Much less State. It’s everything from Evals to development to culture.

How someone can watch Dan Mcdonnell build Louisville and then do this makes it even more incredible

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
I fully realize we've fallen behind with our talent but I don't think that's the whole story here. I don't even have a guess as to what the whole story is but there's got to a problem in the locker room..
It was obvious by the end of last season there's major problems behind the scenes in our baseball program. Yet, we made zero changes so here we are.

Reactions: josebrown

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
There is no doubt that changes need to be made and soon. Exactly what needs to happen depends on exactly what is going on that perhaps us six pack readers know nothing about. Hopefully someone is hot on the trail of the root cause of our collapse. Is it the coaches? Probably at least some portion of the staff, and perhaps all of them, but there could be other issues that have caused our total collapse. Personal or substance issues with the players for example? I have absolutely no idea. Again, hopefully our new AD is busy getting to the bottom of it. Let’s not forget the human aspect of wanting to swing a sharp axe and just fire everyone. Terminating employees is not to be taken lightly. It doesn’t matter whether it is a no fault layoff due to economic conditions or someone failing to perform as expected. It’s a hard thing to do. Along with the employee such action can be devastating to the whole family. I had to terminate a number of employees for both reasons over my career and I don’t mind saying that I shed quite a few tears after some of them. If we need to clean house, so be it, but the viscous tone I have seen on this board recently bothers me. I suspect that many here have never had to terminate anyone. It’s not pretty. I think this baseball season is already burnt. Let’s trust our Athletic Department to investigate, make the right decision, and make the correct changes to get us back on tract.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I'm disgusted enough that unless letting him go mid season gains us some form of advantage, I'd rather watch him suffer through this debacle so all the responsibility clearly falls on him. This is ridiculous.
The problem is the longer we keep him, the harder it will be for the next guy to come in and right the ship.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
There is no doubt that changes need to be made and soon. Exactly what needs to happen depends on exactly what is going on that perhaps us six pack readers know nothing about. Hopefully someone is hot on the trail of the root cause of our collapse. Is it the coaches? Probably at least some portion of the staff, and perhaps all of them, but there could be other issues that have caused our total collapse. Personal or substance issues with the players for example? I have absolutely no idea. Again, hopefully our new AD is busy getting to the bottom of it. Let’s not forget the human aspect of wanting to swing a sharp axe and just fire everyone. Terminating employees is not to be taken lightly. It doesn’t matter whether it is a no fault layoff due to economic conditions or someone failing to perform as expected. It’s a hard thing to do. Along with the employee such action can be devastating to the whole family. I had to terminate a number of employees for both reasons over my career and I don’t mind saying that I shed quite a few tears after some of them. If we need to clean house, so be it, but the viscous tone I have seen on this board recently bothers me. I suspect that many here have never had to terminate anyone. It’s not pretty. I think this baseball season is already burnt. Let’s trust our Athletic Department to investigate, make the right decision, and make the correct changes to get us back on tract.
We have financially set him up for life. That makes it a lot easier than for somebody with a mortgage making 75K

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
No argument here. Counting going to games as kid 50+ years here and this by far is the worst I’ve seen. Something needs to change and quickl.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
The problem is the longer we keep him, the harder it will be for the next guy to come in and right the
We have financially set him up for life. That makes it a lot easier than for somebody with a mortgage making 75K
We have financially set him up for life. That makes it a lot easier than for somebody with a mortgage making 75
No question about it but you still need to be sure you make the correct decisions. Also, I don’t know the numbers but I don’t think the assistant coaches are getting rich. I’m not defending this disaster we are putting on the field. I am just saying that we should let the AD and staff do their job. I also hope the coaches wives an especially children stay off of this board.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Polk can coach and he knows baseball. His downfall was recruiting. He thought his baseball camp was all you needed. It used to be but that changed, and he was too bull headed to changed. Other schools surpassed us in talent, and he got his *** whipped. He could finish the season. We don't need him to recruit. The new coach will do that.

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
Bill Murray Groundhog GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login