If 11-2 finish we still would’ve finished 3rd in West

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
It’s crazy to think if we had beaten LSU and UK and finished 11-2 then we still would have finished 3rd in the West. Crazy!

Regardless 9 wins with the hardest schedule in the country is a damn good year! The future is bright in Starkvegas! #HailState and always #SwingYourSword

SSBGDog

Sep 1, 2014
It’s crazy to think if we had beaten LSU and UK and finished 11-2 then we still would have finished 3rd in the West. Crazy!

Regardless 9 wins with the hardest schedule in the country is a damn good year! The future is bright in Starkvegas! #HailState and always #SwingYourSword
Wouldn't we have finished ahead of LSU with the head to head victory?

Reactions: drumrcraig

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Wouldn't we have finished ahead of LSU with the head to head victory?
Head to head wouldn’t have mattered. State would have finished 6-2 and lsu 5-3. State would have tied for 1st with Bama at 6-2. But there would be a SEC west champs banner just like Mississippi has when they tied with LSU

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013

If we'd beaten LSU and UK and nothing else changed, we would've had a three way tie in the SEC West:
-LSU -- losses to MSU and A&M
-MSU -- losses to Bama and UGA
-Bama -- losses to UT and LSU

The 3-way tie would've broken with division record. LSU would've been eliminated with 2 division losses compared to Bama's and MSU's one loss. That would've resulted in the 2-way tiebreaking procedures where Bama would've won head-to-head.

1 Bama, 2 MSU, 3 LSU.

Next question.

SSBGDog

Sep 1, 2014
If we'd beaten LSU and UK and nothing else changed, we would've had a three way tie in the SEC West:
-LSU -- losses to MSU and A&M
-MSU -- losses to Bama and UGA
-Bama -- losses to UT and LSU

The 3-way tie would've broken with division record. LSU would've been eliminated with 2 division losses compared to Bama's and MSU's one loss. That would've resulted in the 2-way tiebreaking procedures where Bama would've won head-to-head.

1 Bama, 2 MSU, 3 LSU.

Next question.
Just like I said, we would have finished ahead of LSU.

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Bama - loses to UT, LSU
LSU - loses to UT, MSU, A&M
MSU - loses to Bama, UGA

In a year where Bama loses 2 games we still wouldn’t have made it to ATL. Crazy to think. We would have a Co Champion banner like our friends up the road from 2003 except they left out the word “Co” on theirs.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Y’all need to get off this idea that we ‘SHOULD’ have beaten LSU and Kentucky. Those games weren’t close, so NO, we shouldn’t have.

I can almost make a case for LSU because we had a lead and had the muffed punt and a bunch of drops (mainly by RaRa). But we still lost by 2 scores.

We lost to two good teams on the road. Happens all the time in the SEC. I see people say that home field accounts for 3 points, I honestly think it should be 7-10.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
Y’all need to get off this idea that we ‘SHOULD’ have beaten LSU and Kentucky. Those games weren’t close, so NO, we shouldn’t have.

I can almost make a case for LSU because we had a lead and had the muffed punt and a bunch of drops (mainly by RaRa). But we still lost by 2 scores.

We lost to two good teams on the road. Happens all the time in the SEC. I see people say that home field accounts for 3 points, I honestly think it should be 7-10.
they doubled us up. kinda hard to find the good in that

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
Bama - loses to UT, LSU
LSU - loses to UT, MSU, A&M
MSU - loses to Bama, UGA

In a year where Bama loses 2 games we still wouldn’t have made it to ATL. Crazy to think. We would have a Co Champion banner like our friends up the road from 2003 except they left out the word “Co” on theirs.
Only way to make it to Atlanta is to beat Bama.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login