If Arnett is truly competent.......

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
.....shouldn't we expect at least a decent effort at home against a flawed Bama team? I mean I get it, if I'm betting, I'm going with Bama to cover. But that's just because lil ole em stake. And I know that Danny and Leach didn't fare too well against Bama either, but again, we're at home and this team is clearly below any Bama team from 2008-2022.

He saw that running right into the teeth of the defense, with our offense, doesn't work. Didn't work vs. LSU or Carolina.

He saw that chunking the ball around with our talent, does work. At least better than running it does (I understand the difference in LSU/Bama and Carolina defenses). He's also seen that our Tight Ends are crap.

He knows what fast QBs can do on the outside, surely he knows we have to contain. Soooo....Milroe. He can fly, but he can't throw that well. Seems like containing him is at least what we have to try.

Has he figured out yet that Tulu needs to return every kick that doesn't go out of the endzone?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
The best way to score on Saban is with dynamic WRs and a dual threat QB. Tulu is very good, but it’s going to be tough to ask Rogers to sit in the pocket and pick apart their D.

I see our current score total as 15.5 on FanDuel. I’m going way under.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The best way to score on Saban is with dynamic WRs and a dual threat QB. Tulu is very good, but it’s going to be tough to ask Rogers to sit in the pocket and pick apart their D.

I see our current score total as 15.5 on FanDuel. I’m going way under.
Well we have the WRs, and if we drop back and throw the ball, instead of waiting around, maybe we have some success. But my point here is that if we do not TRY this, and instead try to pound it into their gut....well, that says a lot about our coaching.

And running Mike Wright out there will get our *** kicked, in my opinion, unless he intends to use him to throw it.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yes. Last week the offense took a big step and I especially enjoyed watching Will prove that he can chuck it but as we all know that line is shite. He is gonna be under pressure all game. Gonna be impressive if he can find a way to get it downfield. I'm thinking much more similar to the LSU game.

Reactions: josebrown

patdog

May 28, 2007
Bama's defense is a lot better than South Carolina's. Also, they won't be surprised when we throw the ball downfield to Tulu. It won't be pretty. And it wouldn't be pretty no matter who our coach is.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
They will triple team Tulu and not even bother covering the other receivers. What's funny is because they are BAMA that strategy will probably work for them, everything else has over the years.** Side note: will we see a RAT in a crimson uniform?

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
They will triple team Tulu and not even bother covering the other receivers. What's funny is because they are BAMA that strategy will probably work for them, everything else has over the years.** Side note: will we see a RAT in a crimson uniform?
They don't have RATs. While all of them are asssholes, none of them are random - they're all 4 and 5 stars just waiting their turn.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
If you watched them against OM last week, we should be able to at least match that. With the offense we had returning, we should score more than OM. I doubt we will, but I'm going to be drinking with OM and LSU fans all day, so surprise me please. And storm the field if we win for goodness sake!

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Our offense will look more like it did against LSU than SC. The defense will depend on if Bama can figure out the passing game.

CottonDog_

Sep 29, 2022
Depends on how well the OL holds up. I’d bet it looks more like LSU than last week. Hopefully the defense will look better.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Don't forget that Bama is notorious for pass interference by their DB's that NEVER gets called!! They're well-schooled in wrapping arms around receivers from the back, and the SEC zebras will not call it for fear of pissing off the great Satan.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Bama's defense is a lot better than South Carolina's. Also, they won't be surprised when we throw the ball downfield to Tulu. It won't be pretty. And it wouldn't be pretty no matter who our coach is.
True that. So we need to get Zavion in our downfield routes at the same time. If we could have Creed on the field at the same time, and if we can get Will time to throw it we can at least match their speed with receivers that’ll attempt to go up and get it. Then Robinson with his size we have to get him more involved.
But you are right on the money. Nothing we do will surprise them, and they are much better than USCe.
If our coaches are paying attention we’ll use our oline to their strengths, Will to his, WRs to theirs, and use our RB to block and squeak out in case we need a quick dump off. Then jet sweeps and such, counters and anything but run right at them!!

Reactions: patdog

DawgieDust

Nov 6, 2017
I haven't seen our WR's get any separation on Bama DB's in past games. Now Alabama's front 7 speed coming after Rodgers might be another problem. Especially with down field routes.. But we all can hope.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
.....shouldn't we expect at least a decent effort at home against a flawed Bama team? I mean I get it, if I'm betting, I'm going with Bama to cover. But that's just because lil ole em stake. And I know that Danny and Leach didn't fare too well against Bama either, but again, we're at home and this team is clearly below any Bama team from 2008-2022.

He saw that running right into the teeth of the defense, with our offense, doesn't work. Didn't work vs. LSU or Carolina.

He saw that chunking the ball around with our talent, does work. At least better than running it does (I understand the difference in LSU/Bama and Carolina defenses). He's also seen that our Tight Ends are crap.

He knows what fast QBs can do on the outside, surely he knows we have to contain. Soooo....Milroe. He can fly, but he can't throw that well. Seems like containing him is at least what we have to try.

Has he figured out yet that Tulu needs to return every kick that doesn't go out of the endzone?
The great Kiffin scored 10 last week and Leach could never do anything. If we hit 20, I expect guys on here to send their wives to Barbay’s office Monday morning.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
The best chance we have is if Arnett says 17 it, and takes over the defense. He’s a good defensive coordinator, might as well fill two holes.

Two is better than one.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login