If college Baseball is a club sport and a money loser...

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
What the <17> is going on?

Why are they fighting over coaches? Why are they investing money in it at all?

Sorry to say it is now college basketball. No reason to recruit freshman at bigger schools. Let them go to Hofstra and play a year there and then see what shakes out. Players are going to have 3 alma maters.

man form GIF

Msuirondawgs

Mar 18, 2023

Sorry to say it is now college basketball. No reason to recruit freshman at bigger schools. Let them go to Hofstra and play a year there and then see what shakes out. Players are going to have 3 alma maters.

man form GIF
Great points!

Reactions: Dawgg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Don't worry Bruce, Rocky Dog on the way in soon to clear it up for you with an answer explaining what a waste this money is that will surely make all baseball fans quit contributing to baseball and immediately convince them to instead contribute to basketball and football in 3...2...1...seconds

• Haha
Reactions: 85Bears and Dawgg

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I'm glad we didn't lose Bulldog Bruce to Hofstra back in the day!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That's good for their future fandom. 3 different games to care about and maybe win.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Overall brand.

Look at tcu and ls-who dumping tons of money into off market sports.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Schools with plenty of money can spend money and do.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I'm glad we didn't lose Bulldog Bruce to Hofstra back in the day!
Yeah. But a guy a I played ball with in my NY days, has a son that is a two way player that just won all the highest honors that you possibly can on Long Island and that's where he is going.

Last edited:

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
Texas has the money to do whatever they want. They probably aren’t the best example
So does TAMU and Tennessee. It can't be a good sign where the two coaches that played for the national championship and are at top tier programs are both looking elsewhere. It also proves to me that these schools are making money in Baseball no matter what the books say. Major university accounting departments could be hired by drug cartels to hide the money. They would convince police that they are losing money dealing all those drugs.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

man form GIF
There is so much money being made from football it's hard to spend it on just football, especially at places like Texas.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Kids are doing the same thing in HS now. If they can't start somewhere, their parents move them. If they're really good, other good HS teams recruit them. Coaches go where the paycheck takes them at every level too (don't blame them). It's the world we live in.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login