If Greg Knox blows out USM and we win the Egg.......

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Stricklin has not done a good job so far while at Florida. He really hasn't done anything to make you think he will do better.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
......I mean when do we start looking at that dude as a head coach? He could be our Dabo - lifelong position coach who rises up to the motivator/recrooter CEO role.

I'm just sayin'.
Annnd we’re off!!

Greg Knox? Cmon fellas.

This team is in no position to take chances on this next hire. We f**k this one up on a “maybe” hire… The road forward is a tough one.

• Haha
Reactions: OG Goat Holder

GoDawgz52

Aug 21, 2023
Im afraid you are going to go 0-2.....
There are some really tough times ahead for the State football program.
The roster is going to jump if they do not hire a quality coach by 11/26, which is some areas will not be a bad thing.
Whoever the new coach is going to be, he better be willing to raid the portal and be willing to be relentless in recruiting.
Either way, this is going to be a really tough job for any coach.
Fingers crossed for someone that is just hungry, but rather starving!

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
The only way that I can interpret an Egg Bowl win is that Lane already has one foot out the door.
I've seen so much of this rivalry that nothing would surprise me. Countless times the far superior team lost; countless times one program should have been able to find enough momentum to pull away from the other. It just doesn't follow logical thinking processes.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Stricklin has not done a good job so far while at Florida. He really hasn't done anything to make you think he will do better.
Almost want them to fire their guy and hire a guy first. That way we know that one overhyped, but not up to the task, coach will be out of the pool thus increasing our odds of getting a good one.

• Haha
Reactions: GloryDawg

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
I've seen so much of this rivalry that nothing would surprise me. Countless times the far superior team lost; countless times one program should have been able to find enough momentum to pull away from the other. It just doesn't follow logical thinking processes.
I'm afraid the gap this year is wide enough that it's going to take more than just Egg Bowl mysticism to make up the difference.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
And while Lane ain't going to aTm, he may very well be distracted by dollar signs. We really need Florida to come open, and I think it will because they bout to go 5-7.
Yep! aTm is toxic. Lane may use aTm to get a few more million out of OM, creating a big distraction. However, Lane isn't going to aTm. He is going to Florida or Bama or Miami (whenever those open up).

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I doubt he'll be a serious candidate for our job, but both those wins may propel him to a lesser HC job.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Wasn't there an accusation he was recruiting for UF (against us) even when he was our interim coach?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
......I mean when do we start looking at that dude as a head coach? He could be our Dabo - lifelong position coach who rises up to the motivator/recrooter CEO role.

I'm just sayin'.
You either forgot sarcasterisks or your brain is actively trying to protect you from the trauma of the past 10 games by blacking it out of your mind.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Dart got banged up Saturday too.

And while Lane ain't going to aTm, he may very well be distracted by dollar signs. We really need Florida to come open, and I think it will because they bout to go 5-7.
I think there's going to be a ton of pressure, but I'm not sure UF is going to pony up for the buyout plus commit $10M a year to Lane. I'm sure Florida can make that happen if they want, I'm just not sure their boosters will commit to $100M in a firing and hiring like A&M's will.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
No, after the Arnett disaster and the chaos that the football program is apparently in, this hire is critical. We can't mess around here.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dart got banged up Saturday too.

He’s not going to A&M. But he might be going to Florida.

Reactions: Maroon13

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
My two cents--zero info here, just the vibe I get.

Lane is currently a hero at OM. He is comfortable and has a good family life--the Kiffins are settled and apparently happy in Oxford.
Lane is making $9M--he aint leaving for a few dollars more. Don't think money is the central concern for him. He wants to compete for a championship, not sure he believes he can do so at OM. I don't see him leaving OM now, and if he can recruit at a significantly higher level, A BIG IF, can see him staying for years. The defensive side is recruiting at a higher level this year on the front and LB--can he recruit at an elite level in the back end, and at an elite level at O-Line/TE/WR? I don't think he knows if he can do so at this point but hope he sticks around and makes the effort. When, and if, he decides he can't win a championship at OM he is gone--sort of a Mullenesk type thing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login