If Jamont "Tests The NBA Waters" This Year........

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
he can not return for his senior season.

I learned this on the Bo Bounds radio show this morning. The NCAA will only allow you to test the water one time, then return to college. Last year was his free pass.

If/When Jamont "tests the NBA waters" this year, his college career is over.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
and I sent him the question because I was unsure. According to the NCAA rules, Bo was right but this is from our CL beat writer...

Quote:_________________________________________________If i recall correctly, he withdrew his name just before the deadline to even enter, so i think he can declare this year and pull out and still be OK_________________________________________________

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
He just basically asked around so he never technically declared for the draft like Rhodes did.

dawgpound11

Jun 4, 2003
Jamont pulled his name out before the deadline last year. Stans said if asked he would advise Jamont to "test the waters" this year and if he thought he was a first rounder he would recommend that he go. If not, he would tell him to stay. So, he can "test the waters" and come back if he doesn't like it.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
So he will be back next year...

Unless J-Money goes off in the NCAA he will not be a first rounder..

patdog

May 28, 2007
No, that means Stans would advise him to return. I think he wants it too bad to wait, even though the smart thing would be to wait.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login