If Notre Dame is our bowl opponent at the Gator Bowl...

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
A good bit for me. I’ll be in OBA anyway for the holiday and Jacksonville is probably the only game I would consider going to anyway. ND would be icing on the cake for me.

Reactions: AFDawg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I'd absolutely go to Gator regardless of opponent. The citrus (I know we're out) and outback / reliaquest are both on Monday 1/2 - those are a no for me just because wife and I both have to be back at work on the 3rd.

Texas, Music City and Gator are the only ones I'll consider attending.

Reactions: mike tice

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
If it’s gator I’m going. We had planned a short trip, probably to Florida, around that time so if it was an easy decision to go to the bowl game.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
A Friday afternoon game is going to be hard. Anytime Saturday or Sunday and I’d be there.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
how much does that increase your chances of going?

I hate those ba$tard$ almost as much as the Univ of Northern MS. Imagine how I felt sitting in MS Veterans Memorial Stadium in Jackson that day in Sept of '77 watching them both play, I didn't give a damn who won but my dad had 2 extra tickets and I wanted to impress a certain young lady so I took her. Playing them won't entice me, if anything it will possibly keep me from going I hate them so bad

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It would be kind of amazing if we beat Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl.

We'd be the only team in the country to be undefeated against Michigan and Notre Dame.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I wasn't planning on going to any of them and probably still won't. I will think about it and explore a quick trip if it's ND though. That would be a once in a lifetime opportunity.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
100%. UCLA in Vegas would also be 100%.
UCLA in Vegas would stoke me to the max. IMO, it's the best destination point bowl although one of the farthest to get to. However, just about every decent sized city in the U.S. has direct flights to Vegas, so it wouldn't be too difficult.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I'd go to Jacksonville for Notre Dame. Only one I for sure wouldn't attend would be Las Vegas because it's pre-Christmas.
Pre-Christmas would be the huge plus for me. I think it's on the 17th (Sat.) Get it done and get back to family and friends well before Christmas and New Years. Plus, that time in December is much cheaper on travel accomodations vs the costs when it's close to the holidays.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Not at all. I’ve long committed to see Mr. William Apostol and his compadres but you can call him Billy…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
how much does that increase your chances of going?
Definitely. Reminds me of 2010 playing Michigan. A chance to play a storied program we never play. I couldn't care less about playing a Kansas state or an Illinois. Would like it to be interesting opponent. Illinois is better than an nc state or Louisville again. I don't like being matched up with people we've played recently. Kansas does nothing for the radar. Baylor would be fun.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
UCLA in Vegas would stoke me to the max. IMO, it's the best destination point bowl although one of the farthest to get to. However, just about every decent sized city in the U.S. has direct flights to Vegas, so it wouldn't be too difficult.
Good matchup and decent flights but would cut many families from attending due to cost of travel before Christmas. Our attendance would not be great for that game

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017
If we beat Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Notre Dame in the same season I might commission a bronze statue of Leach myself. I hate those three mother17ing schools more than I hate some 17ing millennial trying to convince me how great pho is...
I’m going to hold him to this. I for one will supply funds for a button that has his super raspy voice telling stories.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Sure gonna try & be there, just have to swap out a few already scheduled va-ca days from Jan. ‘23.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Im Out Season 7 GIF by The Office

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login