If ole miss keeps playing the way they are

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I think you may find the chances of Arnett being gone to be a lot higher than some on this board think

Reactions: M R DAWGS

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Better start drinking that free bubble up and eating that rainbow stew.
Cause it’s happening. They’ll win by 30. Easy.
Yeah, but they're pretty solid this year. Their D isn't good but coupled with their O, it's enough to win most games.

I'm wondering what the melt will look like next week when we get waxed against Kentucky at homecoming

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The Egg Bowl this year is the biggest mismatch in their favor since 2008. That one got Croom fired, this one might do the same for Arnett.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
Most realistic scenario is for the OC to be replaced and Arnett to take over the defense. He's doing his best at channeling Leach on the sidelines this year, but it was better last year when he was fired up and involved. I'd say most good coaches wanting to be hired would shy away from us if we fired a one year coach. It's the SEC West, and we have a smaller budget that most.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ole Miss is a top 25 team paying their coach top 10 money. If they lose to A&M and then Georgia will win, the team will probably phone it in the rest of the season as the top 10 coach goes to the music city bowl or worse.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Most realistic scenario is for the OC to be replaced and Arnett to take over the defense. He's doing his best at channeling Leach on the sidelines this year, but it was better last year when he was fired up and involved. I'd say most good coaches wanting to be hired would shy away from us if we fired a one year coach. It's the SEC West, and we have a smaller budget that most.
Agree with first part, but we have got to quit being scared of "coaches shying away from us because we didn't give the last coach every chance in the world." That's ridiculous. No coach is going to turn down a school who fired an underperforming coach. All they see is a pretty damn good job open that they believe they can win at.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Well the divisions are done after this year so there is that. If budget is an issue, perhaps the university should slow the facility upgrades so they can afford to pay someone that can help sell tickets. At the rate things are going, the school could chair back the entire stadium with wheelchair access to every row and still not fill it up.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
What's Arnett done to keep his job so far?

What's the evidence for this?: "I'd say most good coaches wanting to be hired would shy away from us if we fired a one year coach."

We got Leach after firing a coach with a winning record after two years. I personally have no idea what goes on in the minds of successful coaches. $5 Mil will guarantees is pretty sweet.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Agree with first part, but we have got to quit being scared of "coaches shying away from us because we didn't give the last coach every chance in the world." That's ridiculous. No coach is going to turn down a school who fired an underperforming coach. All they see is a pretty damn good job open that they believe they can win at.
If Arnett was hired under normal circumstances, it would be a bad look to fire him after one. But, he was promoted from within after unexpected opening. It was much more interim style.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login