If PAC 12 Dissolves what conference gets the Rose Bowl?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Real question is why does the pac 12 in its new form deserve the rose bowl? Even if they don’t dissolve, they are becoming a non power conference very quickly

patdog

May 28, 2007
After the Big 12 finishes taking their teams, it’s going to take their Rose Bowl berth. Or the Rose Bowl will take an at large team.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Bowls will eventually be a part of the playoff or go away so this won't matter. You think bowls don't matter now? Wait until the 12-teamer kicks in.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
The Rose Bowl will be a CFP bowl. Last year's game between Penn State and Utah was the last "official" Big 10 vs PAC 12 Rose Bowl. This year's game is one of the CFP semifinals, so there is no guarantee of a Big/PAC matchup, in fact very unlikely. From 2024 on out it will either be a Quarterfinal or Semifinal game with no guarantee of who plays in the game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Bowls will eventually be a part of the playoff or go away so this won't matter. You think bowls don't matter now? Wait until the 12-teamer kicks in.
If so, our postseason just got a lot more meaningless 95% of the time. But yeah, I think you’re right.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
I have never been in the Rose Bowl stadium but I was told by someone that went to a game there about 5 years ago that the place was a total dump. No comparison between it it and SEC stadiums.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
The Rose Bowl should be a semifinal game every year, with the other semifinal and the championship game bid out every year.

All other playoff games should be at home sites. And also, bowl games should be abolished entirely and the postseason should only consist of the playoffs. However, in exchange, the regular season should expand to 13 or 14 games, and if there is a market for neutral site "bowl games" at the beginning of the season (or in the middle of it, for that matter), cool, do it.

Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
The Rose Bowl has really become just as irrelevant as the PAC 12.

I’m not sure which proposition is more sad….the Rose Bowl disbanding due largely to its long term association with 2 conferences that play mostly mediocre (at best) football, or continuing on in its current form and having a matchup like UCLA vs. Utah which used to be (and still should be) a regular *** conference game that nobody would watch.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I am still semi surprised the big12 has managed to stick around since it dropped to 8 teams back in 2012.
Figured it was pretty close to dead back then.

Reactions: HumpDawgy

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Hard for them to be more irrelevant they are now. Hell, the MF-ing Orange Bowl we went to was about as irrelevant as it gets, and that’s allegedly one of the best bowl games. Still nobody gave enough of a crap to attend it or watch it….and at least on MSU’s side, even play in it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login