If RaRa does go to Ole Miss - which one is worse?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
  1. Ole Miss fans rip the lanyard off your neck while attending the Egg Bowl in Oxford as senior/Mississippi State commit but still in the end choose Ole Miss
  2. You score a touchdown against Ole Miss in Oxford in the Egg Bowl, their fans throw trash at your while you are on the ground injured and then you transfer to Ole Miss.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ole Miss will do what ever it takes to get him to Ole Miss. Not for the talent but for the PR move against us when going out running their mouths and recruiting.

Just watch come next fall, A&M, Ole Miss and Arkansas will all be pre-season ranked and Miss State will not. In fact, both A&M and Ole Miss will be top 10 and top 15 in that order.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
  1. Ole Miss fans rip the lanyard off your neck while attending the Egg Bowl in Oxford as senior/Mississippi State commit but still in the end choose Ole Miss
  2. You score a touchdown against Ole Miss in Oxford in the Egg Bowl, their fans throw trash at your while you are on the ground injured and then you transfer to Ole Miss.

I'd say #2...
With #1, that's just some staff idiot.
With #2, that's an indicator of who they are.

That being said, the Ole Miss fanbase was ready to take up arms for Tulsa over Malik Heath and that idiot decided Oxford was the right place.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007

Are there white girls involved that are not orthodontically challenged?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I'd say #2...
With #1, that's just some staff idiot.
With #2, that's an indicator of who they are.

That being said, the Ole Miss fanbase was ready to take up arms for Tulsa over Malik Heath and that idiot decided Oxford was the right place.
I think in incident #1 - I remember reading it was an Ole Miss fan.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
CJ Johnson - which is where I gave up following recruiting. Then the Chris Jones recruitment made me really give it up.
Same class I stopped following recruiting. It was 3 in that class that made a spectacle of flipping. Johnson was one. Whitehead went to Auburn. Was Snoop the third?
That class was the beginning of the OM plants in our class.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011

You left off that there’s photo and video evidence of him giving Ole Miss fans the double bird after the game. Man, life comes at you fast

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022

during the game last week Brandon Walker had a watch along with some ole miss guy named mitsky or something like that. during said watch long ,when they showed heath, Brandon commented that ole miss paid heath $100,000 to go to them, at which point mitsky replied "that is true". first time hearing that but if the State and ole miss guy both agree on it , may be....

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007

#2 is worse.

I absolutely hate the portal and NIL for this very part of it. All players on our teams who are worth a damn, and who have not transferred previously, will be recruited by OM out of spite and for the press conference. If they are really good, they will also be recruited by Bama, LSU, Auburn, and TAMU from the west. They might be recruited by some big name schools outside of the SEC who have a particular position need. The odds we keep our best players for 4 years are going to dwindle significantly as the NIL accounts grow in value at these schools.

Reactions: vandaldawg

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
#2 is worse.

I absolutely hate the portal and NIL for this very part of it. All players on our teams who are worth a damn, and who have not transferred previously, will be recruited by OM out of spite and for the press conference. If they are really good, they will also be recruited by Bama, LSU, Auburn, and TAMU from the west. They might be recruited by some big name schools outside of the SEC who have a particular position need. The odds we keep our best players for 4 years are going to dwindle significantly as the NIL accounts grow in value at these schools.
The recruiting rankings on Rivals go all the way back to 2002. If you look back, they consistently out recruit us on paper. So what? The series is tit for that through that same time frame.

I'm confident that they will out recruit us in the Portal too. They did last year. So what? We will still beat them as often as they beat us. Nothing they can do about it but throw more money down a hole to get the same result.

Reactions: vandaldawg

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
The recruiting rankings on Rivals go all the way back to 2002. If you look back, they consistently out recruit us on paper. So what? The series is tit for that through that same time frame.

I'm confident that they will out recruit us in the Portal us too. They did last year. So what? We will still beat them as often as they beat us. Nothing they can do about it but throw more money down a hole to get the same result.

I don’t care about the rankings. I care about our best players having a good year and leaving to any other team because they get one free pass and money thrown at them legally. My post wasn’t just about Ole Miss taking players from us.

For example, the rankings don’t matter much to me but it would have sucked royally if these rules were in place when Dak was at State.

I realize we can go after guys in the portal as well, but I think the odds are higher that we go after players once they have announced they are in the portal. The difference is the Bama’s of the world can actively contact players and encourage them to go into the portal with a huge monetary offer on the table to do so.

ETA: I don’t mean this as doom and gloom for just for us. This is a problem for any school that isn’t a blue blood with extremely deep pockets. It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Last edited:

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Paid for Trim is for losers who can't get it the natural way. I say let OM win the day with the media and their "conquests" while we build a team based on individual character that develops true manhood. Going to tsun after they've physically abused you is a sign of Stockholm syndrome

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
during the game last week Brandon Walker had a watch along with some ole miss guy named mitsky or something like that. during said watch long ,when they showed heath, Brandon commented that ole miss paid heath $100,000 to go to them, at which point mitsky replied "that is true". first time hearing that but if the State and ole miss guy both agree on it , may be....
That is Ben Mintz (Mintzy), and you should never believe anything on Barstool. Their model is to create engagement through exaggeration, going over the top, conflict, etc. Everything is either the best or worst, BFW plays into that perfectly (and I like him). Heath is a nice player, but he likely didn't even get $10k, I'd bet he got in the $5k range.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Malik’s numbers are on par with Thomas’ this year. More yards, less TDs. I don’t see the upside. Is anyone impressed with their WR development? I’m not.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
RaRa, Z, Ducking, and Tulu went on Instagram live yesterday with one another and they were blasting RaRa for his decision. Woody Marks had something to say in the comments. RaRa said something to the sort of “man y’all know why.. Lane Kiffin bruh.”

He is going to Ole Miss. Tulu kept saying he’s gonna get him out of the portal but it’s doubtful imo

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login