If Selmon handles the hiring as well as he handled the firing,

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Idk man. Chadwell or Liepold but they probly out of reach. Herman might be good. Sumrall looks really good and I know we could get him. Fritz ain't terrible. Traylor and JG Kinne would be exciting offensively. Not a fan of Lebby and Briles is having a bad year.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
If you can get get Chadwell or Liepold that's a homerun hire. Anybody else that we might could get is a gamble. After them I would pick between Kinne and Sumrall but I'm glad I'm not making the decision.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
we’ll be OK. I’ve been critical, but this is the Zak Selmon I thought we hired in January.
kurt angle wrestling GIF by WWE

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Idk man. Chadwell or Liepold but they probly out of reach. Herman might be good. Sumrall looks really good and I know we could get him. Fritz ain't terrible. Traylor and JG Kinne would be exciting offensively. Not a fan of Lebby and Briles is having a bad year.
I was big time Fritz when Mullen left. But he's done well. I just can't get over that 2-10 year like wth happened. Is that 2-10 worth two new years 6 bowls

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
If you can get get Chadwell or Liepold that's a homerun hire. Anybody else that we might could get is a gamble. After them I would pick between Kinne and Sumrall but I'm glad I'm not making the decision.
Sumerall feels like arnett if he had left state and gone to be a head coach at G5 first

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Sumerall feels like arnett if he had left state and gone to be a head coach at G5 first
They throw the ball. He has a good QB over there. Next Saturday at 2:30 they play UL on NFL Network. Might try to watch. They crushed ULM this past Saturday

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They throw the ball. He has a good QB over there. Next Saturday at 2:30 they play UL on NFL Network. Might try to watch. They crushed ULM this past Saturday
I'm just saying he would be way down on my list. Troy coaches don't do very well at the next level when given the chance

Colonel Kang

Sep 29, 2022
Only matters who he hires.

All you guys want to keep praising people for looking good on cameras, but I judge by results.

Sure, I like that he sounds competent, but it's meaningless unless he's got the wisdom to hire a great coach.

It comes down to wisdom. John Cohen lacked wisdom. Smart guy, but wasn't wise & over thought it.

We'll see how Selmon does

** my gut feel though is that he's humble & humble people put getting it right over their personal pride.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
We'll see how Selmon does

** my gut feel though is that he's humble & humble people put getting it right over their personal pride.
This is my feeling as well. I’ve had a couple of opportunities to correspond with him over semi-minor things related to game day experience and he has been engaged and took action. I’ve seen lots of executives come and go in the business world. The ones who come in knowing everything and making sure you know who is is charge by shooting their mouths off and making hasty decisions are the ones nobody wants to work with and washout quickly. It’s the ones who listen and observe before acting that are the high performers. I get that vibe from Selmon.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m in the same boat. When the only real statement that we’d heard from our AD in 11 months was that the university was partnering with the BI, I thought some level of criticism was fair. However, he’s stepped up and handled this well so far, and now he’s got a chance to really make a mark.

I’m confident that he’s going to do his part, but now’s the time for our boosters to also show fans that we’re not messing around, and I hope they’re ready to step up too.

Reactions: patdog

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
I was big time Fritz when Mullen left. But he's done well. I just can't get over that 2-10 year like wth happened. Is that 2-10 worth two new years 6 bowls
I wondered about that as well. They lost 5 games by a TD or less. But their Achilles heel was turnovers. They were 119th in Fumbles Lost, 109th in Interceptions lost, making them 126 of 130 teams in total turnovers. Their turnover margin was 121st.

Nobody wins with turnovers like that.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
A good AD is only seen publicly on the speaking circuit, and during high profile hirings and firings.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I wondered about that as well. They lost 5 games by a TD or less. But their Achilles heel was turnovers. They were 119th in Fumbles Lost, 109th in Interceptions lost, making them 126 of 130 teams in total turnovers. Their turnover margin was 121st.

Nobody wins with turnovers like that.
I guess they never heard of run a mile or breaking a foot off in John brown hind parts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login