If Sonny Weems is hitting

BigErnMcracken

May 23, 2006
and Stephen Hill is blocking shots down low, Arky may give UNC a tough time. They are kind of built like us (with better perimeter players). In that I mean, their bigs are pretty good and if they can get good guard play, they can beat anyone.

Same with us, if Barry and Ben can throw it in the ocean, we can take out any team. They rebound pretty well too. Should be a good game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
their post players don't even begin to compare to ours. And Gordon vs. Ervin at the point isn't even close.

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
that if ervin played under control....arky would give unc a run because arky has the size to match up well with unc....so if ervin "thrives" arky stands a good chance

BigErnMcracken

May 23, 2006
I shouldn't have said perimeter players. Just two. Basically, Weems & Beverly are a lot better than Hans and Stewart. Obviously Gordon pwns Ervin.

However, Hans and Stew, especially Stew, have been liabilities. That is why I sit back and laugh at these posters who get pissed when Gordon drives 2 on 1 and tries to shoot. He rarely does this until the end of the first half or the 2nd half. Reason???? After he has drived and collapsed the D upteen times and kicked out to an open 2 or 3 guard, they throw up bricks.

However, when Stewart or Hans is hitting, we can beat anybody as well. You are right, our post players destroy theirs but this is a guards tournament and always is. We cant win by not hitting outside shots consistantly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login