If State wins the series but don't make the SEC Tournament is there chance for NCAA?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
smh. You don't really follow beisball, do you?
I watch Miss State Baseball and hope for the best but yes, I generally don't follow everything about college baseball, but I do know that one weekend nationally could change your Strength of schedule and RPI. You never know until it is completely over. It might already be over but sorry I am not an expert like you. I just want to win, go to post season and don't care who the coach is to do it. We should never miss post season. If the coach gets fired, I will not cry. I will be happy but if not, I will feel better about the situation if State can win the series this weekend. Let's not forget Cohen is on the selection committee. Yes, he left but I feel pretty sure he will help out if he can.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I watch Miss State Baseball and hope for the best but yes, I generally don't follow everything about college baseball, but I do know that one weekend nationally could change your Strength of schedule and RPI. You never know until it is completely over. It might already be over but sorry I am not an expert like you. I just want to win, go to post season and don't care who the coach is to do it. We should never miss post season. If the coach gets fired, I will not cry. I will be happy but if not, I will feel better about the situation if State can win the series this weekend. Let's not forget Cohen is on the selection committee. Yes, he left but I feel pretty sure he will help out if he can.
i understand where you're coming from, but in all seriousness, our ncaa tournament chances were gone about a month or 5 weeks ago. and we don't have the pitching depth for tournament play, anyway. we barely squeak out a weekend series every now and then. but, yes, our season will likely end tomorrow. My gut tells me that they're gonna retain Lemonis next year, which is gonna be really weird trying to bring in a quality pitching coach, as well as them trying to convince quality players to sign or transfer.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
i understand where you're coming from, but in all seriousness, our ncaa tournament chances were gone about a month or 5 weeks ago. and we don't have the pitching depth for tournament play, anyway. we barely squeak out a weekend series every now and then. but, yes, our season will likely end tomorrow. My gut tells me that they're gonna retain Lemonis next year, which is gonna be really weird trying to bring in a quality pitching coach, as well as them trying to convince quality players to sign or transfer.
The NIL folks are going to have to spend some of my money to get some pitchers.

HarveyDogMan

May 16, 2015
Could resume, Strength of Schedule and RPI or whatever they use be good enough?
Animated GIF

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
In the old days we won games. That’s how we got in.
There were years we got in before the expansion because the host school automatically got a bid and the NCAA chose host schools by attendance. Do I think they probably deserved to get in yes. However, when the field was smaller 30 wins was not a guarantee to get in but getting a host spot was.

Last edited:

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Don't know about this year but there were a couple years in the early 2000s that we missed the SEC tournament but made a regional. We won 12 and 13 games in conference those years.

2004 and 2006. But also keep in mind those were the days of the 8 team SEC tourney. Since it expanded to 12, no team that’s missed Hoover has made the NCAAT.

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Let’s start a NIT tourney for baseball this June! Start with 8 teams and grow it from there in years to come. This could be big time*********

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
It happened in 2004 & 2006, but I don’t think it happens this year.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Could resume, Strength of Schedule and RPI or whatever they use be good enough?
No. If we were sitting at 13-17 after conference play (and were in the SEC Tourney) we'd have to win a couple in the SEC tourney to get a shot.

Sitting at either 10-20 or 9-21 isn't going to get us close.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login