If the Cowboys could start the playoffs right now, might

BreckyBratt

Nov 5, 2022
Dallas, Philly, SF, and KC should be the last four standing but it's the NFL and 3 of the 4 are gonna face each other then there's the Super Bowl. Playoffs are great!!***

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Dallas, Philly, SF, and KC should be the last four standing but it's the NFL and 3 of the 4 are gonna face each other then there's the Super Bowl. Playoffs are great!!***

Well, to be fair, the Ravens and Dolphins are very solid teams.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
Baltimore can beat anybody. Detroit is slumping but could turn it around. Miami has been mentioned. AFC is up in the air. NFC most likely wins it this year.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
As much as it pains me to say it I believe the Niners are the best. Cowboys/Philly depends on home field. NFC will win the SB this year.

Reactions: BreckyBratt

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Niners are starting to get dinged by injuries on defense.

They're in the zone right now, but they've shown they can fall out of that zone for a stretch. As a Dallas (Dak) fan, I'm looking for that fall.

Obviously Dallas is in a good zone right now as well. It would be a much better game if they met again.

All other things being equal, with the way he's playing this year, I have a hard time seeing Purdy or Hurts being better than Dak if it came down to that for a win.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
San Francisco 49Ers Football GIF by NFLPA

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
They're in the zone right now, but they've shown they can fall out of that zone for a stretch. As a Dallas (Dak) fan, I'm looking for that fall.

Obviously Dallas is in a good zone right now as well. It would be a much better game if they met again.

All other things being equal, with the way he's playing this year, I have a hard time seeing Purdy or Hurts being better than Dak if it came down to that for a win.
Purdy has a lot more talent around him on offense.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’m confused by your post… are you trying to say the NFL playoffs suck?

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
be able to win it.
I’m mesmerized by Purdys play and their playcalling. Don’t know how they do it, I guess it’s shanahan. It pains me to say it, but I love the way they play the game. The cowboys have two personalities, one bare knuckles, and one of 22 pretty boys that don’t want to get dirty. I think we can play with the niners, best we can hope for is get into the 4th with a shot to make a play. They’re (niners) are damn good at every level.

usually comes down to who doesn’t turn it over.

Nov 20, 2023
Seem to me hitting their stride. 49ers will be tough to beat though. Who knows what the Ravens will look like in the postseason
I agree they seem to be hitting their stride for sure… some time under McCarthy and getting his system going has made a big difference I feel also. So yeah if they can play their best game vs the old timey prospectors as he called em lol to quote Dak’s commercial, then yes I believe they are true contenders and Dak is the current MVP favorite from what I’ve read. Go Cowbeys! Unrelated but Mahomes is going to be embarrassed after seeing replays of that play at the end of the game. I understand he was fired up but get mad at your dumbass WR not the Refs on that the one. Tired of him being able to do no wrong anyways to tell you the truth.

Reactions: Dawgg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Let's hope they don't ever figure it out. Seeing machines break down after the game and the whole kelcy/man hater singer love affair. Let em fall apart.
I kinda pull for them (or my son does), so I'd like to see them get on track, and I'd much rather it be them than the damn Ravens. But they certainly seem to be more focused on other stuff.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Seriously, the NFL should get rid of the conferences. 4 divisions of 8 teams each (or 8 divisions with 4 if they want). But seed the playoffs #1 - #16, so the top 4 are matched up in the semi-finals and the top 2 in the Super Bowl. You'd also pretty much do away with that boring last week of the season when half the top teams are resting their starters.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Finally a true signature win for Dak. Too bad they're in the same conference with the other two best teams in the NFL(at least right now)
Honestly, I don’t see how it’s any more of a “signature win” than last year’s home win over Philly. Last year’s Eagles were arguably a better team, actually.

Dak’s got at least 7-8 wins as good or better than yesterday on his resume. The “signature win” thing was always a dumb critique.

Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Seem to me hitting their stride. 49ers will be tough to beat though. Who knows what the Ravens will look like in the postseason
Dallas would have honestly been better off if Philly beat SF last week and proceeded to run away with the 1-seed.

That way at least Dallas might could pass up SF and get them at home in the divisional round. That win by SF hurt Dallas’ SB chances a hell of a lot more than beating Philly yesterday helped them. They’re still basically 1 game back, and the Eagles aren’t likely to lose again. Got the Seahawks (probably without Geno), a bad Cardinals team, and two against the awful Giants. Dallas has a much more difficult path.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Like figuring out when you line up clearly offsides, the refs are going to call it before you even have a fantastic play that scores the game winner.
Shouldn't have been in that position to need a game winner. Maybe if they were more worried about football, rather than running the train on the swifties?

• Haha
Reactions: DawgsNCowboys87

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Dallas would have honestly been better off if Philly beat SF last week and proceeded to run away with the 1-seed.

That way at least Dallas might could pass up SF and get them at home in the divisional round. That win by SF hurt Dallas’ SB chances a hell of a lot more than beating Philly yesterday helped them. They’re still basically 1 game back, and the Eagles aren’t likely to lose again. Got the Seahawks (probably without Geno), a bad Cardinals team, and two against the awful Giants. Dallas has a much more difficult path.
SF would still be a Division winner and no Wild Card can host a Division winner.

Philly is going to run the table because the teams they have left are not a threat. Dallas losing another one maybe even before the last weekend might not be that bad. They would be 100% locked in and could rest some players. They sure looked better last night than that 3rd game in 14 days against Seattle. Rest this time of year is golden but has to be balanced.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Purdy has a lot more talent around him on offense.e

Not sure I'd say a lot more. Obviously McCaffrey is an absolute stud. But Dallas is very talented with one of the best O Lines in football.

Dallas is the best scoring offense in the NFL with SF very close. I'd agree Dak should get more credit for that scoring than Purdy does for SF's.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I mean you can’t overlook that the Niners have already kicked the everloving crap out of both Dallas and Philly. They are the favorite to win it all until somebody takes them out.

I like Baltimore best out of the AFC. They finally got Lamar some receivers and it has shown.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Honestly, I don’t see how it’s any more of a “signature win” than last year’s home win over Philly. Last year’s Eagles were arguably a better team, actually.

Dak’s got at least 7-8 wins as good or better than yesterday on his resume. The “signature win” thing was always a dumb critique.

Use any term you like then. Yes the come back last year was cool, but this Dallas team feels much more like a team with a real chance to win it all. And Philly wasn't being QB'd by Gardner Minshew last night.

The win was much more impressive in the way the team went about it. Without that strip sack TD, it's complete domination of a team that was very close to SB champs last year and was 10-1 until running into the two hottest teams in football.

Dallas has often laid eggs in games this important. Whether it changes their playoff prospects or not, winning the game the way they did is a big deal.

However the playoffs shake out they've got to go through some excellent teams to win it all. It's nice to see them do that in dominating fashion in a game that mattered for once.

Too bad they didn't realize every 17ing game really matters in Arizona earlier this year.

Reactions: HRMSU

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Not sure I'd say a lot more. Obviously McCaffrey is an absolute stud. But Dallas is very talented with one of the best O Lines in football.

Dallas is the best scoring offense in the NFL with SF very close. I'd agree Dak should get more credit for that scoring than Purdy does for SF's.
It was more of a complement to Dak but whatever.

Purdy is exactly what Shanahan wants in a QB. A decent QB that just gets the ball into the hands of the playmakers.

I’ll give you the OLine for Dallas but there’s no way you can say the skill players for SF aren’t better than what Dak has at Dallas.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It was more of a complement to Dak but whatever.

Purdy is exactly what Shanahan wants in a QB. A decent QB that just gets the ball into the hands of the playmakers.

I’ll give you the OLine for Dallas but there’s no way you can say the skill players for SF aren’t better than what Dak has at Dallas.

I think we basically agree on...

Dak>Purdy

McCaffrey>every other back on the planet

Kittle>Dallas TEs

Samuel is a stud, but with Lamb, Cooks, Gallup I'd call receiver a wash.

If these two meet again, I think the Dallas D that shows up is the key.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I think we basically agree on...

Dak>Purdy

McCaffrey>every other back on the planet

Kittle>Dallas TEs

Samuel is a stud, but with Lamb, Cooks, Gallup I'd call receiver a wash.

If these two meet again, I think the Dallas D that shows up is the key.
We (Dallas) can't stop the run. We are built to score points get ahead and unleash the pass rush. SF is probably the most balanced team in the league which is why we can't beat them right now. In a really weird sense these two somewhat mirror the 90s teams except they switched uniforms.

Nov 20, 2023
I think it’s safe to say to all the haters out there that Dak is not a hindrance to his team but more like the opposite. He’s been amazing and the engine that powers them. If people can’t appreciate Dak by now I feel bad for them. Dallas fans I mean. He’s certainly giving it his all. Being a great leader also.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I think it’s safe to say to all the haters out there that Dak is not a hindrance to his team but more like the opposite. He’s been amazing and the engine that powers them. If people can’t appreciate Dak by now I feel bad for them. Dallas fans I mean. He’s certainly giving it his all. Being a great leader also.

You can put it as simply as this. If Dallas loses Dak, the season is toast.

If SF loses Purdy, they still have a shot. But not if they lose CM.

Nov 20, 2023
You can put it as simply as this. If Dallas loses Dak, the season is toast.

If SF loses Purdy, they still have a shot. But not if they lose CM.
Your exactly right they are loaded at WR, TE, and well we all know what CM brings to the field. Honestly though Purdy has a much more simple job compared with Dak. A great run game and all kinds of top tier talent to throw it to. Still Dak is outplaying everyone so far QB wise. I think that really speaks volumes for Dak. Imagine Dak with the Niners run game and all the talent to throw it to… he’d probably be breaking records lol. Seriously though just give Dak a good run game this season and watch what he does then. Dak is definitely qualified and should be the front runner for MVP. Pretty sure he is, just saying. Honestly Dak is playing out of his mind as he’s leading the Boys to these wins. If he keeps it up and doesn’t win the MVP it won’t make any sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Your exactly right they are loaded at WR, TE, and well we all know what CM brings to the field. Honestly though Purdy has a much more simple job compared with Dak. A great run game and all kinds of top tier talent to throw it to. Still Dak is outplaying everyone so far QB wise. I think that really speaks volumes for Dak. Imagine Dak with the Niners run game and all the talent to throw it to… he’d probably be breaking records lol. Seriously though just give Dak a good run game this season and watch what he does then. Dak is definitely qualified and should be the front runner for MVP. Pretty sure he is, just saying. Honestly Dak isrt playing out of his mind as he’s leading the Boys to these wins. If he keeps it up and doesn’t win the MVP it won’t make any sense.

If he had played better vs SF and Arizona, the MVP would already be locked up barring a late meltdown.

He's probably still the frontrunner.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login