If the unthinkable happens and.....

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Hope not. I have a feeling it's gonna be a game tho. I predict a win but think they will be pesky. They have a good pass rush, a good running game and a pretty decent passing game with a good deep threat.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
17ing goat.
This is an idiotic statement.
Alls I got to say is

Maine
and
3-2
What are you bltching about. I’m saying that the worst outcome tomorrow is a semi-close win vs a lesser opponent. I’m not saying that was the worst Croom ever did.

I don’t think you’re on the right wavelength. But GoAtZ

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
If we lose tomorrow we won’t win another game this year, so I would say he wouldn’t survive as coach

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
All you guys hoping for a loss will be disappointed. We have too much talent to lose. Best you can hope for realistically is like a Croomy 30-14 type game.

It’s never easy or 100% obvious, to judge a coach. That’s why ADs make big money.
Come on, this ain’t rocket science. It’s obvious when you know who we are, and then who to hire accordingly to try and neutralize the money and talent gap. Football is not hard. Most of the time people try to assume or be someone or something they’re not.

Last edited:

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
I was there when we went Tech and 10!
I’m also old enough to remember the 0-8-2 season back in the sixties when we tied Texas Tech and the sophomore Archie Manning led Rebs.
This means……..get ready Bulldog fans.
Hail State!

Reactions: josebrown

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I don’t expect an issue, Western Michigan isn’t even a good MAC team. If it’s close then that’s a terrible sign.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I've seen way to many State teams that should demolish a non-conference opponent on "paper" but because of locker room issues, apathy or just plain sloppiness either win a close one or get beat outright. Our team isn't that "talented" to be overlooking anybody so I think we all will know within the first few minutes of the game which team showed up to play. Ain't it great to be a State fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
All you guys hoping for a loss will be disappointed. We have too much talent to lose. Best you can hope for realistically is like a Croomy 30-14 type game.

It’s never easy or 100% obvious, to judge a coach. That’s why ADs make big money.
In this case though it wasn't our AD that chose the coach. Is that why he makes so much money?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I'm kind of curious does anyone want CZA to succeed? Most just seem ready to move on already? I think most don't expect him too. But we are 5 games in. 5 games that we gave not looked great
I 100% want him to succeed. My struggle is that we are bad on both sides of the ball. And next year is going to be worse as it stands now.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Come on, this ain’t rocket science. It’s obvious when you know who we are, and then who to hire accordingly to try and neutralize the money and talent gap. Football is not hard. Most of the time people try to assume or be someone or something they’re not.
So you are an AD making at least $300,000 a year? Surely you are right?

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
I 100% want him to succeed. My struggle is that we are bad on both sides of the ball. And next year is going to be worse as it stands now.
I think this is the prevailing attitude. We came into this season expecting to have a good defense and a developing offense that by now would be in synch. Instead, we have a defense that is ranked 99th in scoring defense and an offense that is still out of synch. It is obvious that the issues with this team are coaching related. Are the players unhappy with CZA?

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Reckon how many contributing players a team loses to graduation or portal or whatnot every year on average ? We lost 10 unless I am overlooking someone. 10 contributing players on offense and defense combined. Not counting kickers or anything like that. Which that is the only group that has improved. I don't figure 10 is a big number but I have no real idea. We are a seasoned experienced team I think. Next year is gonna be a nightmare

Reactions: blitz2Win

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Who are we and who is the obvious hire?

patdog

May 28, 2007
It’s gonna be real hard for next year to be worse than this one has been so far.

Will Rogers.sixpack

Sep 25, 2022
Who are we and who is the obvious hire?
We are bottom tier SEC with regards to money spent on NIL HS recruiting, current players, and transfer portal. That creates a wider talent gap than it always has been. So the obvious hire is someone who is extremely innovative with their offensive or defensive system, or both. Someone who runs something extremely different than those who spend more money across the board on talent. You cannot expect to hire coaches who run vanilla or common systems that those who spend more money than us sees almost every week or something very similar. It’s illogical and insane thinking.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Fire him now. Give Hughes the interim and start over. Derek Mason could do better.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
We are bottom tier SEC with regards to money spent on NIL HS recruiting, current players, and transfer portal. That creates a wider talent gap than it always has been. So the obvious hire is someone who is extremely innovative with their offensive or defensive system, or both. Someone who runs something extremely different than those who spend more money across the board on talent. You cannot expect to hire coaches who run vanilla or common systems that those who spend more money than us sees almost every week or something very similar. It’s illogical and insane thinking.
How big is the talent gap between State and, let’s say Ole Miss or Kentucky?

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Reckon how many contributing players a team loses to graduation or portal or whatnot every year on average ? We lost 10 unless I am overlooking someone. 10 contributing players on offense and defense combined. Not counting kickers or anything like that. Which that is the only group that has improved. I don't figure 10 is a big number but I have no real idea. We are a seasoned experienced team I think. Next year is gonna be a nightmare
Next years team will be much worse with this same coaching staff

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login