If true this legend will last forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
If true, God rest their souls. And damn Putin.

From what I can tell the Russians are getting their noses bloodied up pretty good. They definitely aren't just walking in and have suffered many casualties. Several of Russia's "super advanced attack helos" (the KA-52) have been blown out of the sky by Stinger missiles we supplied. A Russian bomber just went down over Kiev, too.

Sep 12, 2013
From what I can tell the Russians are getting their noses bloodied up pretty good. They definitely aren't just walking in and have suffered many casualties. Several of Russia's "super advanced attack helos" (the KA-52) have been blown out of the sky by Stinger missiles we supplied. A Russian bomber just went down over Kiev, too.

Yea, I mean, they’ll suffer some losses, but the outcome is inevitable.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
I am not so sure anymore. Yes they can defeat the Ukrainian military. But what's next? The only options are occupation or regime change. Zelensky didn't run. He's giving inspirational speeches. If he's captured or killed it will only rally the people. Any puppet regime will get assassinated. No way anyone follows him.

There are up to 1 million Ukrainians ready to fight. The Taliban was 5-10% of that for reference. You want no part of an insurgency that size. Putin's own soldiers will turn. The Ukrainians are not a threat to them. It's like if the US invaded Canada. It won't stick.

His soldiers will start getting information from outside sources soon enough instead of his spoon-fed propaganda. I hope they finally put his head on a 17ing pike.

ETA There's another instant legendary take going around. Even if it's not true, the "Ghost of Kyiv" is supposed to be a Ukrainian pilot who has shot down 6 Russian planes already. Putin's 17ed. You can't defeat an inspired people. These stories keep going your going to end up with foreign civilians coming into the Ukraine.

Last edited:

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Probably. But Ukraine has impressed the hell out of me. Remember, in war, it’s not about who has the bigger numbers or inflicts the most casualties. It’s about which side can keep the will to fight the longest. When Russia installs its puppet government in Ukraine, I expect to witness a long, protracted campaign of guerilla warfare. Godspeed to the Ukrainians.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I am not so sure anymore. Yes they can defeat the Ukrainian military. But what's next? The only options are occupation or regime change. Zelensky didn't run. He's giving inspirational speeches. If he's captured or killed it will only rally the people. Any puppet regime will get assassinated. No way anyone follows him.

There are up to 1 million Ukrainians ready to fight. The Taliban was 5-10% of that for reference. You want no part of an insurgency that size. Putin's own soldiers will turn. The Ukrainians are not a threat to them. It's like if the US invaded Canada. It won't stick.

His soldiers will start getting information from outside sources soon enough instead of his spoon-fed propaganda. I hope they finally put his head on a 17ing pike.

ETA There's another instant legendary take going around. Even if it's not true, the "Ghost of Kyiv" is supposed to be a Ukrainian pilot who has shot down 6 Russian planes already. Putin's 17ed. You can't defeat an inspired people. These stories keep going your going to end up with foreign civilians coming into the Ukraine.

I’m with you JLS. These folks aren’t 17ing around.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Another recording I heard is even more chilling. After the Russian transmission the Ukrainians said amongst themselves, “This is it.”

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
These stories keep going your going to end up with foreign civilians coming into the Ukraine.

Rumored to already be happening. Saw a tweet of Georgian and Chechyan fighters in Ukraine fighting and that Ukraine is handing out weapons to anybody willing to fight for the country.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Very apt quote from the movie "The Lion in Winter"...

“You fool! As if it matters how a man falls down.”

“When the fall’s all that’s left, it matters a great deal.”

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I didn't realize until yesterday that Vitali Klitschko was mayor of Kyiv. I don't see him or his his brother running.

bsquared24

Jul 11, 2009
Where are y’all getting your sources of information? I’m not saying what your talking about is wrong, I just want to be better informed myself.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Yep, unfortunately you're right. When there are columns of tanks rolling in and you're telling the population to mix molotov cocktails the writing is on the wall.

Next will be Moldova. It will fall before 2023. Then we'll see if he's got the stones to move on a NATO country like Latvia, Lithuania, Poland or Romania.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Hugh's Burner Phone said:
Rumored to already be happening. Saw a tweet of Georgian and Chechyan fighters in Ukraine fighting and that Ukraine is handing out weapons to anybody willing to fight for the country.
That’s really special if true. They know they themselves can’t risk an embolden Russia invading sovereign countries. Chechnyans know what it’s like fighting for independence.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008

I agree. Russia will no doubt win the initial war but it may be that trying to hold Afghanistan will look like a cake walk compared to the resistance they will face in Ukraine every day they are there. And I'm sure we will be much more overt in aiding Ukrainian resistance than we ever were in our support of the Afghan Rebels.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Yep, unfortunately you're right. When there are columns of tanks rolling in and you're telling the population to mix molotov cocktails the writing is on the wall.

Next will be Moldova. It will fall before 2023. Then we'll see if he's got the stones to move on a NATO country like Latvia, Lithuania, Poland or Romania.

Just so you know there is no tanks rolling in. They are bogged down to the East and South. What's rolling in from north and north West are BMP's. They are the vehicles that the mechanize infantry uses. They are like the Marine Corps LAV's. If they are still using Soviet Tactics easily defended. Their command and control is not very good. Take out the leader of the six man riffle team inside that vehicle they fall apart. Those things are not heavily armored. They will have get out to engaged. To attack a defending army you have to out number the defender by at least 2 to 1. With the citizens getting into the fight I don't think they have that. The Ukraine's are not giving up. They hate Russia. The Russians are bleeding.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Saying that the Ukrainian people will fight sounds good but how. I just read an article about gun ownership in Ukrain. The article said that they have very lax gun laws by European standards but for a country of 40 million residents there are only 1.3 million private guns in Ukrain. It’s not like every guy is going to get their deer rifle out and start picking off Russians.

cytubb

Feb 25, 2008
Please explain why the US should be involved

It’s not our duty to olive the world. It about money people! Wake the f up .

Aug 22, 2012
Good luck convincing people to go die for the Ukrainian border when we don’t protect our own southern border, there are peaceful protesters on our northern border having their assets frozen without a trial and the media has spent the last two years calling parents worried about school curriculum domestic terrorists. If they want people to rally to the flag maybe they shouldn’t have been in such a rush to lionize someone for refusing to salute it.

tldawg85

Mar 28, 2008
^^
Impressive combination of culture war grievances there in one post.

Interesting how there are very split viewpoints on the Ukraine situation within the Republican party now. The percentage of the party 5 years ago that would have been dismissive of the Ukrainian cause would be minuscule, but now that there is an opportunity to oppose Biden's stance (and/or parrot Trump's stance) it is a significant portion, regardless of what damage might be done to European and world stability and democracy's standing in general.

Aug 22, 2012
The problem the left has is that the people who go and fight in wars and defend our freedom aren’t leftists. They aren’t sons of New York Times writers or college professors. They’re the sons of truckers. They’re people like Kyle Rittenhouse. The left alienated the very people they now want to go and fight for them. They wanted to defund our police, and now want us to go police Europe.

I mean sure, maybe this invasion of Ukraine is fiery but after all it’s mostly peaceful. ***

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
tldawg85 said:
^^
Impressive combination of culture war grievances there in one post.

Interesting how there are very split viewpoints on the Ukraine situation within the Republican party now. The percentage of the party 5 years ago that would have been dismissive of the Ukrainian cause would be minuscule, but now that there is an opportunity to oppose Biden's stance (and/or parrot Trump's stance) it is a significant portion, regardless of what damage might be done to European and world stability and democracy's standing in general.
Just so I understand you correctly, every liberal you know is suddenly FOR going to war? Over a situation that doesn’t directly involve the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login