If UGA’s Noodle Arm Can Throw It

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Honest question, name 3 college QBs with noticably strong accurate arms

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Cj completed 10 out of 26 this weekend
Are you seriously going to compare one bad game to a plethora of elite ones?

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Will Levis has a howitzer for an arm. Elite NFL arm strength up there with Josh Allen. A lot of scouts have been hyping Levis as the next Josh Allen because of the arm, frame, and raw talent coming out of college.

Watching him and Will Rogers live was eye opening.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Are you seriously going to compare one bad game to a plethora of elite ones?

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office
On 9/9/2004 Drew Brees went 8-19 for 146 with 1 TD and 3 picks. It was at that point that I realized Drew Brees is not a very accurate passer.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I like that we are comparing him to 5 star QBs that have worse stats than he does

There was a time that we couldn't even dream of signing a 3 star QB to come to MSU.

My how things change.
You 17’ing said name 3 QBs that are accurate with strong arms. You didn’t put any stipulations on it. Here is your point from a different perspective:
Name someone else that has talent at throwing a football!!!!
***Specific examples are given***
Well, besides the actual people with talent. Besides the talented people name someone that has talent at throwing a football!!!
I’m glad you didn’t move the goalposts this much on Massimo last night.

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
I like that we are comparing him to 5 star QBs that have worse stats than he does

There was a time that we couldn't even dream of signing a 3 star QB to come to MSU.

My how things change.
You asked for three QB’s and I gave them to you.

if all 3 played for State, they’d all have better stats than Will.

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
It’s not a fair comparison because Will gets to throw such short passes. If they did a college football all star game with the QB throwing challenge like the NFL, do you really think Will wins? He’d be great on all the short targets, but would get killed on medium and long range throws.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

My how things change.
Speaking of 3 Star QBs. What would Tyler Russell look like in this offense?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It’s not a fair comparison because Will gets to throw such short passes. If they did a college football all star game with the QB throwing challenge like the NFL, do you really think Will wins? He’d be great on all the short targets, but would get killed on medium and long range throws.
10-15 yards there's not a better QB in college. Equal maybe but not better

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Not with our O line but maybe with theirs
You don’t think they’d be better than Will?

That’s a terrible take. They are actually athletes. They can move. Unlike Will.

Our OL is pretty damn good. Only Georgia has allowed less sacks and Stetson Bennett is the only QB pressured less than Will. But hey keep blaming our OL for Will.

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
Not with our O line but maybe with theirs
Our O-line is not the problem. Our offense is built to get the ball out quick because when you throw 95% of the time, it puts your line at a disadvantage because the D-line can pin their ears back and pass rush every play. That's why our offense runs so much better when we mix in the run, because the Dline is forced to play the run too and gives Will the time he needs to throw. Last night we abandoned the run except for the last play, which blows my mind because Auburn is horrible at defending the run. But sacks are not just on the line. They are on Will because this offense is built for getting the ball out quick. It's not built to look around for 10 seconds till someone is wide open. That's why accuracy is so important in this offense because if a WR has a step on his defender then he's open and you have to be able to fit the throw in there. That's why I get frustrated at Will, because he holds the ball waiting for someone to be wide open and you can't do that. The throw he made to RARA on the last passing TD is what we have to have from Will or any QB consistently if we are going to win 9 or 10 games. The way Will played last night, you are looking at 6 or 7 wins consistently.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Our O-line is not the problem. Our offense is built to get the ball out quick because when you throw 95% of the time, it puts your line at a disadvantage because the D-line can pin their ears back and pass rush every play. That's why our offense runs so much better when we mix in the run, because the Dline is forced to play the run too and gives Will the time he needs to throw. Last night we abandoned the run except for the last play, which blows my mind because Auburn is horrible at defending the run. But sacks are not just on the line. They are on Will because this offense is built for getting the ball out quick. It's not built to look around for 10 seconds till someone is wide open. That's why accuracy is so important in this offense because if a WR has a step on his defender then he's open and you have to be able to fit the throw in there. That's why I get frustrated at Will, because he holds the ball waiting for someone to be wide open and you can't do that. The throw he made to RARA on the last passing TD is what we have to have from Will or any QB consistently if we are going to win 9 or 10 games. The way Will played last night, you are looking at 6 or 7 wins consistently.
Oh ok I thought the losses at LSU, KY and Bama were mostly because of our O line being unable to compete

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Oh ok I thought the losses at LSU, KY and Bama were mostly because of our O line being unable to compete
Ignore the stats all you want. Only Georgia has a statistically better OL than us. Our OL is not the problem. We throw the ball 60 times a game and still only Georgia has less sacks allowed than ours.

Reactions: mcdawg22

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ignore the stats all you want. Only Georgia has a statistically better OL than us. Our OL is not the problem. We throw the ball 60 times a game and still only Georgia has less sacks allowed than ours.
I'm looking at how we cannot run against some teams which shuts us down

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
That’s because of Will’s magical escapability.

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Not against the teams we lost against
LSU - Woody/DJ combined 16 carries 100 yards for 6.4 yards per carry.

Kentucky - Combined 7 carries for 30 yards for 4.4 yards a carry.

Auburn - Woody, 7carries for 45 yards for 6.4 yards per carry.
you were saying game of thrones GIF

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
Yeah our O-line fumbled a punt return to give Lsu the momentum in the game that we had outplayed Lsu to that point. We threw the ball 80% of the time and only gave up 4 sacks to a NFL talented DL. The RB's averaged over 5 yards a carry so I would say the OL wasn't the problem.

Mike Leach lost the Kentucky game with his play calling. We averaged 4 yards a carry but only ran it 7 times. OL only gave up 1 sack even though we threw it 84% of the time.

Bama is the only game that dominated our OL and they have 5 star NFL talent on their 3 deep.

If you go back and look at the games we have dominated, our run/pass ratio is more balanced Arkansas 57% pass, A&M 65% pass, Arizona 63% pass and Memphis 71% pass. All the games where we are over 80% pass, we have lost or barely won (Auburn) except Bowling Green who is terrible against the pass. Mike Leach is your problem, not the offensive line.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I see the well thought out case against Leach. I'm indifferent and look at the data against our losses. It shows why we lost and then the eye test we had no chance other than KY

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
you should’ve added it was a rain soaked and extremely windy day so there where reason for his completion stats. Because of the conditions OSU went to the run game.
No thats an excuse right. It was wet at this game too.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
LSU - Woody/DJ combined 16 carries 100 yards for 6.4 yards per carry.

Kentucky - Combined 7 carries for 30 yards for 4.4 yards a carry.

Auburn - Woody, 7carries for 45 yards for 6.4 yards per carry.
you were saying game of thrones GIF
Ah.... the game where we lost a RB, an OL and the voter played injured.

May 31, 2015
Our offense clicks when Will is throwing on timing and gets rid of the ball quickly. As soon as his feet get set in concrete and he starts looking around and thinking too much is when we get in a lot of trouble. He doesn't scramble and extend a play. He just stands there and seems to lose track of time and awareness of the rushers coming in from his blind side. Our relief passes to our running backs are so telegraphed that they NEVER result in anything other than being tackled at or behind the line of scrimmage at a different spot on the field. Sometimes I just feel sorry for Woody and Dillon on those relief passes. They're nearly always tackled by multiple players from the opposing team.

Reactions: ServiceDogg

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Ah.... the game where we lost a RB, an OL and the voter played injured.
And we still averaged over 4 yards per carry. No one has yet to actually dispute anything I've said other than "Well we didn't run it good." Your emotion doesn't count as fact.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login