If USM pulls it out today who gets the Super?

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
I'm guessing Tenn since they beat the national seed.
Yeah, UT no doubt. They're playing well right now too. Not sure USM can beat them no matter where it's played. That prick Vitello is going to get back to the CWS. Like him or not, the SOB wins.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Yeah, UT no doubt. They're playing well right now too. Not sure USM can beat them no matter where it's played. That prick Vitello is going to get back to the CWS. Like him or not, the SOB wins.
Well if they get by USM they will have a tougher side of the bracket in omaha most likely.

patdog

May 28, 2007
If they are equally seeded teams, the official tiebreaker as stated on the NCAA’s website is “the committee shall review the hosting proposals according to the site selection criteria (e.g., quality and availability of the facility, revenue potential and other available accommodations) to determine the host. If only one of the teams has submitted a proposal, that team shall host if the proposal is acceptable.”
If Penn wins, Tennesse hosts because they're the higher seeded team. But if USM wins, either UT or USM could host.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
If Penn wins, Tennesse hosts because they're the higher seeded team. But if USM wins, either UT or USM could host.
Interesting. I can see the argument both ways as far as who deserves to host. Tennessee beat the national seed at their place. That’s impressive. On the other hand, if USM comes out of the Auburn regional, at least in theory they would be the “higher” 2 seed.

Looks like it comes down to money though. That would actually favor USM, as I’d expect there to be 1,000-1,200 more people per game at Pete Taylor Park than at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
It is probably a 50/50 decision because USM is the higher seed. The committee is taking a lot of crap for 8 SEC schools hosting, so giving USM the Super Regional might quiet some critics. I feel certain that Cohen will find a way to overthink it though & screw up the decision.

Reactions: EagleDawg97

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
"pulls it out"

The Office Thats GIF

patdog

May 28, 2007
It is probably a 50/50 decision because USM is the higher seed. The committee is taking a lot of crap for 8 SEC schools hosting, so giving USM the Super Regional might quiet some critics. I feel certain that Cohen will find a way to overthink it though & screw up the decision.
USM & Tennessee are equal seeds. Either can host.

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm guessing Tenn since they beat the national seed.
Southern Miss beat a national seed too and they didn't need 14 innings to do it.

Also, kind of interesting they were #20 and #21 at the end of the season RPI:
20 Tennessee
21 Southern Miss

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
You may have a point. USM is winless hosting SEC teams in Super Regionals. However, every time USM plays an SEC team on the road in Super Regionals, they are undefeated and go to Omaha. 17 it, send us to Knoxville.**
Tennessee was an abysmal 4-12 on the road this season (for perspective, last season, our worst season in a decade, we were 7-12 on the road and this season, we were 6-10 on the road).
Southern Miss was 11-10.

Tennessee was 33-5 at home and Southern Miss was 26-5.

If I'm Southern Miss, I want those bastards in the Pete.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Most of it is directed at Cohen.

EagleDawg97

Mar 18, 2020
USM needs some luck to beat Penn today. We likely will have to pitch a position player to get through 9 innings today. Arms are very limited.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm not gonna lie... I'm rooting for Southern Miss to win the whole thing at this point.

Which... probably guarantees they get bludgeoned either today or this weekend.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Tennessee was an abysmal 4-12 on the road this season (for perspective, last season, our worst season in a decade, we were 7-12 on the road and this season, we were 6-10 on the road).
Southern Miss was 11-10.

Tennessee was 33-5 at home and Southern Miss was 26-5.

If I'm Southern Miss, I want those bastards in the Pete.
Yeah but I think pressure may get to them down there. Remember us in 2017 and Ole Miss last year? Meanwhile, in their lone trip to Omaha in 2009, they had to do it all on the road.

That said, I know, I know, those teams have nothing to do with the current team. But that 'culture' type stuff is a real thing, and can manifest itself mentally. See Mike Bianco for a most perfect example.

EagleDawg97

Mar 18, 2020
Pressure and a very sloppy muddy field led to the collapse vs State a few years back. Last year Ole Miss was simply a buzz saw and beat us in every single phase of the game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah but I think pressure may get to them down there. Remember us in 2017 and Ole Miss last year? Meanwhile, in their lone trip to Omaha in 2009, they had to do it all on the road.

That said, I know, I know, those teams have nothing to do with the current team. But that 'culture' type stuff is a real thing, and can manifest itself mentally. See Mike Bianco for a most perfect example.
Small sample size and the human brain drawing connections that don’t exist. USM has never lost to an out of state team in a super regional.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

2019 Lost to North Carolina and Liberty in Regional
2021 Went 0 for 2 in Omaha losing to Virginia and Texas (lowly MSU beat them both)
2022 Lost to Notre Dame in Super Regional (lowly MSU beat them in SR in 2021)

Man that guy just wins... (regular season games)

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login