IF we beat Oregon

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
this is what I'd do if I was coaching us against Memphis.

1st, I'd tell our guys to shoot the ball with under 10 seconds to go unless they have an easy dunk or a fast break.

2nd, with about 15 minutes to go, I'd send in one scrub and tell him he'll be in the game for less than one minute and I want him to foul out. I'd continue to do this with the rest of my scrubs, basically the old Hack-a-Shaq philosophy. Put Memphis at the line. They are horrible there. That should give us at least a few extra possesions.

3rd, I pound the ball into Rhodes and try to get Dorsey in foul trouble early. If we can get at least one of their starters in foul trouble, maybe we stand a chance.

4th, I see how Hansrough, Gordon, and Randy are shooting their first few 3s. If they are way off, I tell them not to shoot any the rest of the night or at least until the last few minutes of the game.

Of course, we could do all of this and still get our doors blown off.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
tell Vernardo to do the Mutumbo finger swag every time be blocks a shot. Memphis get's frustrated and pissed off very easily. It would get under their skin for sure.

G

Goat Holder

Rick has a little time to prepare and I think he'll have us ready.

I don't know if it's even possible for us to beat Memphis. We will have to play lights 17ing out, and they will have to get in foul trouble AND miss alot of free throws AND we have to play good defense on the perimeter.</p>

drunkernhelldawg

Nov 25, 2007
I like your plan except I think that we've got to take open shots. Also, the scrub-hack plan is a fun idea, but I'm not sure those guys could get in positions to get fouls that won't be called intentional.

I think I'd like a lot of defensive switches throughout the game. On the waiting to shoot issue, I'll add that we need to get it through our heads that we don't have to jack a three to try and answer every three they make. I think the best thing we can do overall is get a touch for Rhodes on at least 75 percent of our possessions. I don't think we'll be able to get the ball in CR's hands that often, but if we can, I think we will win.

Also, we will have to hit some threes to win. We can't just not try them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login