If We Get Beat By Double Digits Today - Lemon Juice Is Fired

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm nominating Bulldog Bruce as interim! But serioulsy, it will be a good chance for Gautreau to show what he can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: peewee.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm nominating Bulldog Bruce as interim! But serioulsy, it will be a good chance for Gautreau to show what he can do.
I hope you mean show other schools what he can do. We're a lot better at the plate than any other phase of the game, but we're still below average there (last in runs scored in SEC games).

Reactions: Muttley

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
no he won't. as disgusted as everyone (including myself) is at the quality of play this year and the end of last year, he isn't going anywhere until the end of the season, if then. We'd neuter ourselves and not have a prayer with any coach worth having if we did something stupid like that.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
I hope you mean show other schools what he can do. We're a lot better at the plate than any other phase of the game, but we're still below average there (last in runs scored in SEC games).

In their defense we've had less innings to score due to being run ruled. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: patdog

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I feel like Negan when that tiger pounced and said "This is What Schit Tastes Like."

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Lane's bunting form was horrific. Just basic little league squaring up.....that's all Lane! Your body should be 90 degrees to the pitcher.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Seem to be well on way to another double digit loss. Dohm already at 60 pitches down 5-1, will have to go to bullpen in 5th or 6th. Leadoff walks, errors, and Vandy HRs the story of the game again.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
If you fire Lemonis before season is over, what great coach would come? Lemonis was about 5-6th option. Mississippi State Baseball Coach is not as attractive of a job as most of the fan base thinks it is. We got a nice stadium, but everything else considered it is a mid-low tier SEC job because the rest of the SEC with the exception of a few schools are now trying. It was a great job when 98% of the NCAA wasn’t trying, now about 15% of the NCAA and 80% of the SEC are now trying to be competitive.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If you fire Lemonis before season is over, what great coach would come? Lemonis was about 5-6th option. Mississippi State Baseball Coach is not as attractive of a job as most of the fan base thinks it is. We got a nice stadium, but everything else considered it is a mid-low tier SEC job because the rest of the SEC with the exception of a few schools are now trying. It was a great job when 98% of the NCAA wasn’t trying, now about 15% of the NCAA and 80% of the SEC are now trying to be competitive.
there's only 4-5 schools where baseball really matters, us, OM, LSU, Vandy and Ark. I certainly think our job is only behind LSU and Vandy. Cohen was a wierd cat and him being our AD during the last search certainly didn't help. I think we were one of last ADs to really embrace NIL, that is solely on Cohen.

1msucub

Oct 3, 2004
If that’s true, everybody in here knows full well that we are going to lose 17-8.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
What I get from this thread

Cann 17's a fellow employee and administration loses its mind

Lemonis 17's an entire program and they must react with restraint?

Just from very recent history, Gary Henderson and Cadillac Williams prove that smoking dead weight mid season is not necessarily a losing proposition.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
there's only 4-5 schools where baseball really matters, us, OM, LSU, Vandy and Ark. I certainly think our job is only behind LSU and Vandy. Cohen was a wierd cat and him being our AD during the last search certainly didn't help. I think we were one of last ADs to really embrace NIL, that is solely on Cohen.
It really doesn't matter much at Vandy. Their few fans are just lucky that a good coach and some good academic exceptions came together at the right time. They have a stadium that seats about 3500, but they only draw about 2500 per SEC weekend. For weekday games they're lucky to get 500-1000 show up. About the only time they fill it up are when they play another good SEC team or Regional play. Corbin dreams of his Vandy program having the support of a MSU, OM, LSU, or ARK fanbase.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
It really doesn't matter much at Vandy. Their few fans are just lucky that a good coach and some good academic exceptions came together at the right time. They have a stadium that seats about 3500, but they only draw about 2500 per SEC weekend. For weekday games they're lucky to get 500-1000 show up. About the only time they fill it up are when they play another good SEC team or Regional play. Corbin dreams of his Vandy program having the support of a MSU, OM, LSU, or ARK fanbase.
good points.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
All this whining about not firing a coach mid season who would come here is the the biggest bitchh talk I've ever heard. Jesus have some pride in the program. Look what it's become and what lemonis let it become. He should be ashamed and resign for what it's become. Get out of here with that we can't fire him now ********. That's the dumbest **** ever. We aren't competitive in the least and the longer this goes on the harder it's going to be to repair. You let a losers attitude just fester with this program and it will become this program. You make a statement that this program won't tolerate this bull crap. It's unacceptable. If the media is blasting lemonis and staff then you know they have the blessing to do so and that the admin is not happy. I feel like lemonis is on borrowed time and it's only a moment of a agreement and getting everyone on board to end this. I feel like pieces are moving now to find an interim and once it's in place lemonis is grass. There is no justification as to why he should be allowed to finish the season with a product this bad. None. Not many big time coaches out there would accept results like this and would completely understand why someone would be canned mid season for this

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

LSU is obviously the one

Ole Miss, Arkansas, Vandy, Miss State, South Carolina, Florida Texas AM and Tennessee—- probably all lumped together at the next tier. If you think MSU is the clear cut 2, your looking thru maroon colored glasses

cleared a cut above Alabama, Auburn, Missouri, Georgia, etc

Everyone is putting money into their stadiums now. Its a LSU, a large group in the tier blow, then a group of 4-5 schools at the bottom that are still a few years behind.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

patdog

May 28, 2007
If you fire Lemonis before season is over, what great coach would come?
This is about the dumbest take I’ve seen. Do you really think any coach is going to say, you know I was interested in that job, but they fired their last coach in the middle of the season after 16 straight conference losses, so I’m gonna pass on it.

Oct 20, 2022
Is a double digit loss any different that a one run loss? We still are on the road to 20 SEC losses in a row. "Putrid."

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Sarcasm aside. Last year and this year are just bizarre. Can't imagine being excited to watch SEC home games at DN the rest of this year.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Make Tony Vitello a 3 million dollar man. Or make Butch Thompson a 2 million dollar man.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Make Tony Vitello a 3 million dollar man. Or make Butch Thompson a 2 million dollar man.
Hard to see us making that kind of offer for baseball. Corbin makes about 2.5 mil. with his incentives (which he'll likely achieve this year) and is the highest paid college baseball coach. Vitello, I think makes about the same as Lemonis, around 1.2 to 1.5 mil. A 2 mil offer would get us most really good college baseball coaches, unless they or their family just don't want to live in Starkvegas. Think I'd look for another Cannizaro (w/o the baggage) and offer him around a half mil. If one scours the coaching circles and gets some reliable reccomendations, a good young up and comer can be found who would walk across broken glass on fire for the MSU job. Not sure too many established well paid coaches will jump into this dumpster fire.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login