If would’ve told you before the game that their QB

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Before the game I would have told you our DC would put 8 in the box to stop the run and force their QB to pass the ball but that was a pipe dream.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
We wanted to force them to run the ball to beat us. Even in the 4th qtr we were still doing a good job of it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And they only scored 23 points defensively. As bad as we were on defense - still only gave up 23.
They took their foot off the gas when they got up 30-3. Even with that, they could have easily had another TD at the end. Offense certainly didn't do us any favors last night, but don't underestimate how bad the defense was. There's maybe 2 SEC teams ASU could beat, and they played one of them last night.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
They took their foot off the gas when they got up 30-3. Even with that, they could have easily had another TD at the end. Offense certainly didn't do us any favors last night, but don't underestimate how bad the defense was. There's maybe 2 SEC teams ASU could beat, and they played one of them last night.
Part of it was how much they ran the play clock down too

Reactions: patdog

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I think you and I have been on the same page with this all day from previous threads ..... they could have just about named their score.

Beauty of life is we all get to see things as we choose. I'm a big Bart and Charlie podcast guy but I had to chuckle when I heard "we only allowed 69 yards passing". Allowed? I think their OB/passing game maxed it out on their end. What do we think TX, GA, TN and OM might do if they so choose? I have high hopes for the offense but the defense is about what I expected. It needs some work.

Going to be a long year on a number of fronts but I'll be at every home game or watching on TV until the last play of every game. I'm actually optimist about things, just not this year. Gotta keep the faith, only team I really care about.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Their QB seemed pretty speedy and elusive to me. Plus, the RB whose legs never stopped churning made all the difference. They really didn't need to pass.

Reactions: 85Bears
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login