If you are an NBA GM and had to take one, Gordon or Rhodes?

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
Who do you take?

I would take Rhodes. When his head is screwed on straight, he could be a solid contributor on an NBA franchise. He has tremendous athletic ability, and in the right system I think he could play 10 - 12 minutes a game.

It would be a close call, but I just don't think Gordon could out muscle everyone in the NBA like he does college, I could be wrong, but I just think Rhodes could be the better pro.

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
Would be awesome.

Even as a 12th man, he would speak in the third person all the time.

Just good times.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
player than Roberts was. He just didn't do it consistently for long enough. He has a jumper that LR never had, and is about the same height. Rhodes could actually play the 4 in the NBA because he is more athletic, and is less of a tweener. Who knows if he'll get the chance, though?

As for the original question: Rhodes. Gordon can't shoot well enough.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
Two things LRob had going for him: a great work ethic and a natural rebounding sense. The guy worked his butt off and played 100% all the time. He also just knew how to get himself into position for rebounds. He had 20 in regulation against Bama one time. If Rhodes had the same attitude that Roberts did for his whole career he would have put up some awesome numbers. He was capable of playing like he did the second half of this season and the SEC portion of the '06 season his whole career, he just didn't apply himself.

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
....if Rhodes had played like that down the stretch last year, we might've been dancing then. I'm pulling for him, though. He sure was fun to watch when he was on. We'll definitely miss him next season.

OMlawdog

Feb 27, 2008
He seemed to get it the last 10 games, and he really played well.

If he had a jumpshot, he would be a lottery pick in my opinion. If he can develop one, he will make an NBA roster.

Rhodes absolutely destroyed Ole Miss almost every time we played, so Im just glad he is gone.

Center Z

Sep 4, 2006
I'd take Rhodes. He does have an effective jumper. Rebounding and defense aren't as important in the NBA, but still important. But tweeners who make it in the bigs absolutely have to have that jumper. I think somebody will take a chance on him - if not in the second round, he'll be signed as an undrafted free agent somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Memphis takes a chance with him.

AtlDawg.sixpack

Mar 15, 2008
Rhodes no question. Gordon is not a good enough shooter to play in the NBA right now. He needs to come back for his senior year prove himself as a shooter and then I take him over Rhodes. But right now, Rhodes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login