If you could pick 1 player from 2001 - 2008...

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
We all remember this stretch as the (most recent) dark ages minus the Liberty Bowl. If you could pick one player from this time period to be on our team this year who would it be?

As much as I would love to see Dicenzo or Boobie, I lean towards defense. Give me Willie Evans.

Reactions: CEO2044

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I know that you asked for one and I am not sure who the one would be. We had a lot of good players during that time

Derek Sherrod
KJ Wright
Jamar Chaney
Derek Pegues
Kyle Love
Dixon
Norwood

to name a few. If I had to name one it would probably be Sherrod or Wright or maybe Love

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
For me it's Pegues or Dixon. Always showed up for the big moments to put Ole Miss away

Oct 17, 2023
Jerious Norwood is probably the correct answer
Omar Conner is one of the answer to one of the biggest (what if) questions in MSU athletics history. He would have been electric in Mullens offense

Omar Conner is one of the answer to one of the biggest (what if) questions in MSU athletics history. He would have been electric in AN offense.

There, I fixed it for you.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
How about a few JUCO's from Arizona? just kidding

I'd lean toward Evans to beef up the D line with what we have now but would also consider any of the other defensive players mentioned. We need help there badly. If it isn't defensively Norwood would be my answer.

• Haha
Reactions: OG Goat Holder

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I’d always have to go with Norwood.

Defensively it’d be Titus brown or maybe Anthony Johnson. He was a damn good corner before he broke his ankle (or whatever happened) and then got caught up in the gun incident

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Jerious Norwood is probably the correct answer
Omar Conner is one of the answer to one of the biggest (what if) questions in MSU athletics history. He would have been electric in Mullens offense
Omar got Croomed. If I recall correctly Croom didn't want him at Qb,. In the Tulane game we were getting our azz's handed to us and Conner was moved from Wr to Qb and we almost won the game. Croom also told a true guard that he had to play left tackle if he wanted to see the field. Any one remember johnny Wadley? He was that player. He was about 6'2" and 330 and was a motor grader, Croom decided he was a left tackle and he just couldn't play there and was benched. What a dreadful period of time to be a state fan. Croom was bound and determined to not keep anything in place that jackie had done the same way Arnett wouldn't keep the things in place that CML had started.

Johnnie Come Lately

Nov 4, 2022
We all remember this stretch as the (most recent) dark ages minus the Liberty Bowl. If you could pick one player from this time period to be on our team this year who would it be?

As much as I would love to see Dicenzo or Boobie, I lean towards defense. Give me Willie Evans.
Defense is the largest need. I know we need help up front, but Mario Haggan was a tackling machine and maybe the most talented player on that side of the ball in that time span. If we gave Tommy Kelly another chance do you think he would give us another chance? He had a 10 year NFL career. Him and Demetric Wright could move back into the Ramada Inn.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

The only answers are either the best offensive lineman or best defensive lineman from that era.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login