If you had to bet right now

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Who's gonna be named the new coach?

my bet right now would probably be Fritz even though he's not my favorite.

I say that because they just got a new AD at Tulane who he didn't want and was vocal about it. So I know he wants out now badly after two really good seasons and the admin said 17 you to him.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I have no idea. I keep hearing so many different names it's hard to imagine some being suggested. Fritz might be alright. But at his age 5 years or so might be all you would get out of him. That would be a long tenure compared to the last 3 tho. Ha.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
His problems, are not our problems, and should never be a reason to hire him
I didn't say it was but I know he really wants out and wants to leave. I also know he's been talking to state and he's been very good as of late so I could see him being the choice but he's not my favorite at all. He was when Dan left

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Dave Doeren.

Not super exciting. Check!
Not offensively innovative. Check!
Had just enough success at NCSU to warrant some faint optimism. Check!
Super easy to misspell his last name. Check!
Animated GIF

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008

I say that because they just got a new AD at Tulane who he didn't want and was vocal about it. So I know he wants out now badly after two really good seasons and the admin said 17 you to him.
I have no inside info or even a fansite subscription, but I think it will be Sumrall.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Doeren vs Clawson vs Odom ?
Really could be anyone lot of names just being thrown out by all the different insiders. Nobody knows Jack. So I'm just wonder what people are feeling in their gut if they were to make a bet on who it ends up

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
It seems like an experienced HC with P5 experience is the preference. Then G5/coordinators. Clawson was a hot name last year. ODom is a pretty good coach who was scapegoated at Arkansas due to injuries and poor roster management on defense. I don’t know much about Doeren other than his record is pretty good at NC State and he’s a defensive guy.

I think an offensive HC is generally better than a dc head coach.

All three of these guys are light years better than the high school level clown squad we had this year.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Personally I think Selmon is trying for a splash hire so in two years someone can say, did you see who he brought to MSU and he can get a "better job" in his opinion. I really don't think he is here for more than a couple years this is OJT for him. That being said I have no idea nor does anyone else but I'm sure it's Stoops.....Ron Jr and Selmon is hoping everyone will only see Stoops and get excited!

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016

I think it has already been offered and accepted. And ai think we are being fed multiple names to keep it from leaking before this weekend.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login