If you had to pick another team to root for in this tournament

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
who would you want to win it all? Anyone not named Mississippi State.

For me it would be Houston. They are arguably the best program to never win it all. After watching State chase our first title in baseball, I have a soft spot for top programs looking for their first natty. And they've been fun to watch during their recent run.

Last four tournaments:
  • four Sweet Sixteens
  • two Elite Eights
  • one Final Four

Reactions: MSUDOG24

was21

May 29, 2007
who would you want to win it all? Anyone not named Mississippi State.

For me it would be Houston. They are arguably the best program to never win it all. After watching State chase our first title in baseball, I have a soft spot for top programs looking for their first natty. And they've been fun to watch during their recent run.

Last four tournaments:
  • four Sweet Sixteens
  • two Elite Eights
  • one Final Four
negative

Reactions: preacher_dawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Washington State. They are like the west coast version of us. Rural area, small population, limited success. They hired a really good coach and are making just their seventh NCAA Tournament appearance of all time, and first since 2008. Also we are brothers in Mike Leach. Go Cougs.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Creighton? Hell. I don't know, other than barners need to be a first round victim.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Gonzaga. Always Gonzaga.
Fantastic program for over 2 decades now- great fan support, great coaching staff, great players year after year.
Saying they are elite isn't an exaggeration.

Reactions: The Fatboy

Maroon Pug

Nov 5, 2022
UAB, because of family ties to the school.

I still remember going nuts as a kid watching the "blind pass" against UK in 2004 for UAB to go the sweet 16.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Even if my kid didn't go to NC State, they're my other team this year. What they did in the ACC Tournament was nothing short of miraculous.

Reactions: 17itdawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've seen enough tournaments to know I just appreciate good games despite whoever's playing. And that's all I want this time is a couple of weekends of good games.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Gonzaga. Always Gonzaga.
Fantastic program for over 2 decades now- great fan support, great coaching staff, great players year after year.
Saying they are elite isn't an exaggeration.

Agree. 25th consecutive NCAA bid after falling out of the Top 25 for the first time in over 7 years.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login