If you haven't watched as much golf in the last couple of years

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
(like myself) the first thing you'll say when you see a leaderboard now a days is who the hell are these guys ? I guess the big time players from the last few years have their money and aren't quite as hungry as they were.

expireddog

Oct 4, 2013
The talent level is just crazy good now. Last year it looked like Morikawa and Rahm would dominate for years to come (they still might) but both have not been much of a factor this year (Rahm does have one win against a pretty weak field)

I think what you’ll see going forward is someone like Rahm last year and Scheffler this year where they go on a heater and win multiple times within a 3-4 month period and you think damn they’re here to stay. But eventually they’ll come back to the field.

It’s just that Tiger and Phil to an extent spoiled us on playing high level golf year in year out.

Rickie Fowler had pretty good 5 year run from 2014-2019. Now he’s having to get exemptions into tournaments and use his career earning exemption to keep his card.

Mississippi’s own Davis Riley is playing really well right now and is in the top 25 of the Fed Ex cup standings. I feel his first win is coming soon. He’s had like 5 straight top 20 finishes.

I do agree to your point that the money now is a game changer. The top 90 golfers on PGA this year have all made a million dollars or more and #125 on the money list has made over $700k.

expireddog

Oct 4, 2013
DJ and Kevin Na and Taylor Gooch were the main Americans to be announced to go to the Saudi tour … Westwood poulter Sergio McDowell and Oustheizen are the main euros… there were only 13 pga tour members that joined the saudi tour.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Sunday afternoons always present a tough decision. When it's nap time do I turn on Bob Ross or the PGA? Usually PGA it is because my naps last longer than Bob Ross painting a lake and some trees

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login