If you walk two guys

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Your *** should be on the bench. Our bullpen has cost us so many games. Do we not have any pitchers with balls ??? They sure like throwing them. Like a bunch of scared little girls that don't have what it takes to shut **** down.

not too mention the damn errors in the field that could have ended the game too. Never should have been close.

and lemonis and Parker sit on their damn hands when pitchers don't have it. They were seeing Cam like a beach ball. Stephens and Davis both struggled to get strikes. Same **** as last year. We have to score 12 for it to be safe,

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Your *** should be on the bench. Our bullpen has cost us so many games. Do we not have any pitchers with balls ??? They sure like throwing them. Like a bunch of scared little girls that don't have what it takes to shut **** down.

not too mention the damn errors in the field that could have ended the game too. Never should have been close.

and lemonis and Parker sit on their damn hands when pitchers don't have it. They were seeing Cam like a beach ball. Stephens and Davis both struggled to get strikes. Same **** as last year. We have to score 12 for it to be safe,
We would have lost 13-12 tonight.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Why in the world did we take Ligon out and put in a freshman? Not to mention pulling our starter after 3 innings and blowing the lead have really put us in a whole with pitching.

Last edited:
Reactions: Faustdog

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Why in the world did we take Ligon out and put in a freshman? Not to mention pulling our starter after 3 innings and blowing the lead have really put us in a whole with pitching.
I thought the same thing when Cijntje didn't come back in after the 3rd. I get that he was starting to get hit a little, but I trust his ability to get things back on track 10x more than I trust our bullpen to get us through 6 innings. Even Auger completely lost his control after 2, and there is absolutely no one in the entire bullpen that you can trust to consistently have a good outing

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I thought the same thing when Cijntje didn't come back in after the 3rd. I get that he was starting to get hit a little, but I trust his ability to get things back on track 10x more than I trust our bullpen to get us through 6 innings. Even Auger completely lost his control after 2, and there is absolutely no one in the entire bullpen that you can trust to consistently have a good outing
Just saw that Lem said postgame that Loos back tightened up

Reactions: Seinfeld

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
l
Jurrangelo came out because his back was bothering him. If he’s healthy there’s no way we pull him that early.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
Ligon walked a few but he had been successful on the mound. Maybe they knew Stevens was next and wanted to give him a clean inning. But with our pen, if something is working, you can’t change it..

Speaking of Stevens, he has been successful in long relief (vs LSU). We should use him first out of the pen instead of last.

Reactions: patdog

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Last year we were legit giving up 10 earned runs per conference game. This year we are way far ahead of schedule in improving in that department. 5th overall in the SEC and 4th in conference games only in Team ERA.

We’ve of course still got some issues in the pen. No question. But I’m not sure what yall expected. The current state of this staff, in spite of the remaining problems, is a nothing short of a mother17ing miracle. I would have been thrilled with being 8th in the SEC in Team ERA, and we’re well beyond that.

On the flip side, hitting is still doing us no favors. We were straight up gifted 3 runs without doing anything last night, and still couldn’t bust it open offensively. That game last night had to be the most inept hitting performance that I’ve ever seen for a team that actually put up a crooked number.

mrbinsdog

Aug 23, 2012
Last year we were legit giving up 10 earned runs per conference game. This year we are way far ahead of schedule in improving in that department. 5th overall in the SEC and 4th in conference games only in Team ERA.

We’ve of course still got some issues in the pen. No question. But I’m not sure what yall expected. The current state of this staff, in spite of the remaining problems, is a nothing short of a mother17ing miracle. I would have been thrilled with being 8th in the SEC in Team ERA, and we’re well beyond that.

On the flip side, hitting is still doing us no favors. We were straight up gifted 3 runs without doing anything last night, and still couldn’t bust it open offensively. That game last night had to be the most inept hitting performance that I’ve ever seen for a team that actually put up a crooked number.
I don’t understand bringing in a LH to pitch to 2 RH batters to start the inning

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010

And we still win despite of both if Larry makes a play at 2B. We’ve been damn good defensively this year. So, hard to complain too much.

Let’s get the W today, and it’ll be solid weekend. I’ll never complain about winning 2 out of 3 on the road.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t understand bringing in a LH to pitch to 2 RH batters to start the inning
I’m not sure what inning that was, although I’m pretty sure I remember it happening. But ultimately, you have to put guys out there that aren’t going to walk people. If the option we chose was a calculated risk with that in mind because we used the best control guy available, then I somewhat understand it.

One thing I hated seeing was back to back walks of 2 guys in the .230-.240 range with no power late in the game. That sucked for sure.

OM hurt us badly on a lot of balls that weren’t hit particularly hard. The double (and almost triple) that OM hit in B9 was a weak asś oppo roller that Hines easily gets to if he wasn’t playing 25 feet off the line and up so far that he was almost on the inner grass. Was just in the right spot. The ball that Jordan dove for and missed wasn’t exactly a missile - was very shallow and hung in the air a long time. Again, just hit in the right spot. They didn’t score, but did advance runners on that high chopper off the top of the plate that stayed in the air forever. Lots of weak contact in the right spots.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login