If you wanted to make and argument of why

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
OT should be gotten rid of, the iron bowl outcome is it. Alabama doesn't deserve that W in the win column.

And no I don't want to get rid of OT.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
OT should be gotten rid of, the iron bowl outcome is it. Alabama doesn't deserve that W in the win column.

I always thought the college rules were really good , till this year. Two point conversions is BS. The coin toss matters too much in the pros, even under the current rules.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I mean, AU RB just had to fall down and it was over. Give AL credit for taking advantage. The overtime rules are trash but AL was winning once they tied it up.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I always thought the college rules were really good , till this year. Two point conversions is BS. The coin toss matters too much in the pros, even under the current rules.
Do you have to post in every thread? You are literally worse than Peaches.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
They just changed it this year.
I kinda like the 2 point try but maybe make it after the 3rd regular OT rules instead of 2.
I’m also ok with the new NFL rules to see how that may work in college?!?!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What?

NFL overtime is way worse.

Just start from the 25 and go for 2 from the start.

Level playing field and won’t last long.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Do you have to post in every thread? You are literally worse than Peaches.

Well, what you could do, is when you see my handle, just skip over that post. This is entertaining to me, including the blasts y'all aim in my direction. I went to professional school with a bunch of folks from many schools, and a BUNCH of Rebels. We did stuff like this IN PERSON FACE TO FACE all the time. It's how we stayed sane facing what was at times mind numbing academic pressure. It was a release. It was good for all of us. That's how I view this place. I'm still good friends with all those dudes back then. The key is not to take it personally. That's why I don't really care what y'all say about me. I don't take it personally, even if it is intended to be so. Whatever I say here should never be taken personally, even if it sounds like it is. It's not intended to be.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
Well, what you could do, is when you see my handle, just skip over that post. This is entertaining to me, including the blasts y'all aim in my direction. I went to professional school with a bunch of folks from many schools, and a BUNCH of Rebels. We did stuff like this IN PERSON FACE TO FACE all the time. It's how we stayed sane facing what was at times mind numbing academic pressure. It was a release. It was good for all of us. That's how I view this place. I'm still good friends with all those dudes back then. The key is not to take it personally. That's why I don't really care what y'all say about me. I don't take it personally, even if it is intended to be so. Whatever I say here should never be taken personally, even if it sounds like it is. It's not intended to be.

I’m just a dumb country boy (with a BS in ME from the Bagley School of Engineering), so forgive me, but WTF is “professional school”? Is that like Diesel Mechanic school, University of Phoenix, Grad School, or something completely different. I’m being serious. No sarcastricks.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why play one set of rules for 60 minutes and then a completely different set of rules for overtime? Makes no sense at all. You virtually eliminate all special teams except the FG unit.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
New OT rules are dumb. Two point conversion. That’s sometimes more about luck than being better.

Need to go back to the way it was before

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I had no problem with the old overtime rules. So what if we have a 7 or 8 overtime game once every 5 years or so

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
What?

NFL overtime is way worse.

Just start from the 25 and go for 2 from the start.

Level playing field and won’t last long.

So just like now except no kicking extra points? I agree, and I would go with that up to 4 OT's, then start the 2 point conversion tie breaker if still tied after 4 OT's.

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Go back to the former rules but move the starting point back 10 yards for each OT.

Aug 22, 2012
I’m just a dumb country boy (with a BS in ME from the Bagley School of Engineering), so forgive me, but WTF is “professional school”? Is that like Diesel Mechanic school, University of Phoenix, Grad School, or something completely different. I’m being serious. No sarcastricks.

professional school with a bunch of rebels? beautician school. no question.

He was probably classmates with Freeze's mistress

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020

It's what you call a medical/legal/other type post grad school when you don't want to be more specific. I have a BS from MSU, and something else beyond that.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
The best way to solve it in this game woulda been to have the rules applied evenly and the game would have been decided in regulation

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If you wanna just add a full fifth quarter for overtime I’m good with that. But you shouldn’t be seriously handicapped for losing a coin toss.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

Alabama went 98 yards in less than a minute and a half to send it to OT. Pretty obvious that they earned that win.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It's what you call a medical/legal/other type post grad school when you don't want to be more specific. I have a BS from MSU, and something else beyond that.

"Professional school." You're full of ****.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'd really rather just keep playing from the end of the 4th quarter. Make the OT period change no different than the change from the 3rd to the 4th quarter. But with the rule that a FG can't win on the 1st possession, you go a long way to even up the coin toss advantage. I also like that the game has a definite end. If it's tied after the OT period, it's a tie.

Another option would be the team that wins the coin toss chooses the yard line for the kickoff. The other team chooses to kick or receive. They’d quickly figure out the yard line where kick vs receive is equal.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login