If you're willing to help

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
With DawgStudent's blessing:

A few days after the long track supercell that produced the tornadoes that affected Rolling Fork and so many areas in MS, another poster on here (he may say who he is or remain anonymous) DM'ed me regarding setting up a fundraiser to gather emergency response supplies for members of my chase team to carry when we are out. It was a gut wrenching feeling hearing the first responders there yelling if anybody had supplies as thru were either out or never had them as we all tried to do what we could until more help arrived. The injuries I saw there to small children were more than I can think about. So out of his DM this came about.

I made it clear to the poster and DawgStudent I did not want to receive any money. I wanted this completely above board with no hint of me or my team trying to do anything underhanded. The Amazon gift registry was what was proposed where those that want to can purchase items on the list and they are shipped to me. I will then divide those items up among our most active chasers for them to carry when out. What I am asking for are supplies most often used on mass casualty events such as this.

As I told the person who mentioned this to me, I hate asking people to spend their money. I know how things are tight for a lot of people. But if any of you feel compelled to help I assure you this will only be used to help render aid in storm damaged areas. We're not stocking a personal medical stash for ourselves. So with that, the link is below and thank you.

Storm Chasing Medical Supploes - Amazon Gift List - https://www.amazon.com/registries/gl/guest-view/2YE5UODDFYYCF

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Do you need more than 1 item if it's already purchased?
It would always help, yes. A few items I had multiple quantity of, and I guess I should have done multiple of all. But I am overwhelmed at how quickly the list was bought out. The items will be split between 4-5 individuals. If I need to go in and up the quantities I will just let me know. There are a couple of really big ticket items I didn't include as they are really cost prohibitive such as AED's. I'm hoping a corporate donation will cover a couple of those.

But again, to all who donated, a huge thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your generosity has been truly overwhelming.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Would it be possible to purchase an amazon gift card and you purchase what you need. I want to but I don't want to order somehting that you have a lot of already. If you can't do or don't want to do the gift card let me know what product you need extra of and I'll order that.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
If you would like to do a gift card you can. I was hesitant to accept any type of cash as I didn't want any appearance of impropriety. I didn't want anybody thinking I was accepting cash donations and then going to look at new trucks instead of doing what I said I was going to do. But that night there the fireman working on the little girl I was assisting with was needing an AED so any gift cards I receive will go towards the eventual purchase of one of those.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
how would i go about getting a gift card, i know how to get an amazon gift card, but how do i get the information to you?
you can dm me if need be

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
You can do the Amazon card. The AED I saw was from there and I think it would be good to keep this an Amazon event for simplicity's sake. If that requires you needing my name or other information let me know. I'm still a novice at how all this works. It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to set up the registry.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login