I'll just drop this here

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I actually do hope it’s a misunderstanding. I played high school football against Powe and somewhat kept in touch with him afterward. Yes, the memes were funny but he was always a sweet guy. Damn.

Reactions: ServiceDogg

G-Dawg

Sep 6, 2012
Uhhhh....there are ALOT of Conspiracy charges on here who were arrested by Federal Marshalls. What's up with the high volume? Is this normal?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I’m sure the CL will have an update Monday morning. I mean, they love letting us know if any of our former players get arrested at any point in their life. So surely they are investigating

• Haha
Reactions: eckie1 and patdog

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Everyone of his high school teachers, coaches and administrators should have been sent to jail.
One reason I HATE Wayne County.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
So, just read an article, sez kidnapping, that started in Laurel. Had an accomplice.
Head scratcher...
I’d bet it was either his or the accomplices child, and it’s a situation where they took the kid without the other parents permission. Seems like that’s most of the kidnapping cases these days (maybe it’s always been like that)

Edit: never mind, I would have lost that bet

Last edited:

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
So much for it being a mistake

The kidnapp-ee was a man, and the kidnappers wanted money. Drove him to the Jackson area to a Chase bank branch. The guy somehow let the teller know he was being held against his will. Bank employees call police. Police come arrest them. Sad all the way around, knowing how illiterate he is. One of the commenters on Kingfish blog said the guy that was kidnapped owed Powe money, and was a known fraudster.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
If it were a domestic case of a dad just wanting to see and hang out with his kid, that's needs to be looked into on 2 different fronts; but if a ransom deal was issued, that's a closed case IMO.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
If it were a domestic case of a dad just wanting to see and hang out with his kid, that's needs to be looked into on 2 different fronts; but if a ransom deal was issued, that's a closed case IMO.
If the guy owed him $, (as has been said), He decided not to go thru legal channels.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I actually do hope it’s a misunderstanding. I played high school football against Powe and somewhat kept in touch with him afterward. Yes, the memes were funny but he was always a sweet guy. Damn.
For all the jokes about Powe not being able to read, I thought he was a relatively rare success story for SEC football, where a guy actually did use football as a way to get an education. And as far as I remember he stayed out of trouble his whole time at ole miss. Obviously stuff gets covered up, but usually you at least hear stuff on repeat offenders.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login