I'll save us....

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
from 10 threads of "Is that dang old ESPN special gonna be replayed?".

The replay is Wednesday, 8 PM CST.

Roy Munson.sixpack

Sep 7, 2005
to every single potential recruits parents telling them if you want an "unbiased" look into mississippi state university tune in at 8 pm on wednesday night. I would send it to every recruit from washington state to new york to florida to LA and back....and if there is a bastard in polynesia or samoa, they would get it too...

msugradawg

Feb 23, 2008
And alabama is kicking themselves 4 million times a year that they didn't hire croom when they had a chance to...

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
I think Croom would have failed there. I'm not a Croom basher, and in fact I'm glad that we have him and that he did well last year, but even Croom himself admitted that when the Bama job was open, he was not prepared. Also, it's evident that from his time here he would have made some mistakes that they would not have put up with- like calling the fans blind. He might have even quit once they started throwing bricks through his windows, as he almost quit when someone put that for sale sign in his yard.

At the same time, Alabama expects to win NC and as much as most MSU fans don't like them, they are still one of the prestigious jobs in the country- even though they are not what they were when the Bear was around, or even when Gene Stallings was around. They feel like they can get an experienced coach that is a proven winner- like Saban- and shouldn't have to put up with learning curves and unproven coaches. If MSU were in their spot, I would agree with them.

msugradawg

Feb 23, 2008
I agree that he probably wouldn't have made it past year three at 'bama, but in the long run I think he is going to build a consistent winner compared to a quick fix, win now program that most coaches are hired to do at schools like alabama and michigan. I think of Croom like John Schuerholz, just build a winner from within the right way. Croom has learned on the job from year 1 til now, and he has become a better head coach, but winning 8 eight games also helps.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
I agree and that's the kind of coach MSU really needs.

The other route was to get someone who has had success, but just wants to coach for fun or has some question marks about his past with the NCAA. We did that route with JWS and South Carolina went that route with Lou Holtz and now Steve Spurrier.

H

Homer J Simpon IV

According to my Tivo, the title is Say it Loud. Who can fill in the line from the James Brown song that follows?

Is maroon still the only color that matters?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login