I'll tell you what I miss.............

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
My MSU memories reach back to Bob Tyler. I miss seeing a coach getting FIRED up. Tyler did it. Good ole Emory did it...."I invented it, I can stop it." Felker tried. JWS did it MULTIPLE times. He had that emotional stuff figured out to a T. Croom even managed to do it once or twice. Mullen didn't exactly master it, but he at least won a few. Leach to me looks like the lawyer he is, prepared to rationally debate things. RATIONAL DEBATE has NO place on a football field.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
There’s no question that Leach does not get emotional on the side line, at least visibly. For better or worse.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Is this another bashing Leach post ? Give it a rest
Why? Leach was a lazy hire. Let's see if he can finally win the Egg. I think his record in the Apple Cup was something like 1-8. Athletic Directors in the SEC get canned for 1-8 records in in state rivalries, and they SHOULD.

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Why? Leach was a lazy hire. Let's see if he can finally win the Egg. I think his record in the Apple Cup was something like 1-8. Athletic Directors in the SEC get canned for 1-8 records in in state rivalries, and they SHOULD.
To elaborate, SEC athletic directors don't get the chance to go 1-8 in football against instate (or out of state for that matter) rivals. Football coaches have even less leeway,

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Just the devils Sunday morning thoughts. You can’t blame a dog for being a dog anymore than you can blame a frog for being a frog. Point is Leach is not the rah rah guy, maybe he should be or maybe not I don’t know. We knew he was not when we hired him.
What about a brog?
1666529232500.gif

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
My MSU memories reach back to Bob Tyler. I miss seeing a coach getting FIRED up. Tyler did it. Good ole Emory did it...."I invented it, I can stop it." Felker tried. JWS did it MULTIPLE times. He had that emotional stuff figured out to a T. Croom even managed to do it once or twice. Mullen didn't exactly master it, but he at least won a few. Leach to me looks like the lawyer he is, prepared to rationally debate things. RATIONAL DEBATE has NO place on a football field.
Ed Orgeron was emotional.

patdog

May 28, 2007
As bad as that is, right now it’s better than his record in Egg Bowls. But he’ll never reach 8 Egg Bowl losses.

Reactions: dorndawg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Just the devils Sunday morning thoughts. You can’t blame a dog for being a dog anymore than you can blame a frog for being a frog. Point is Leach is not the rah rah guy, maybe he should be or maybe not I don’t know. We knew he was not when we hired him.
So you’re saying we can’t blame L4 for being L4?

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008

AND LEMONIS WONT GET HIS A$$ OFF THAT BUCKET & GET IN AN UMPS FACE

• Angry
Reactions: NTDawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
L is the 12th letter of the alphabet.
1+2=3
34dawg
Coach34 alt confirmed.
Always Sunny Fx GIF

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
And yet with awesome history of coaches that get fired up on the sideline, we are still lacking as a football program**

im amazed at how much some of you guys love to see a coach get emotional on the sidelines.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022

Check his postgame out. Leach said our players were afraid of the other team’s jersey. He commented extensively on the lack of hands our team displayed during the loss (especially receivers), discussed evolution and likened our players to animals that lost their hands over time during the evolutionary process. He was worried that in the future, we’d have a bunch of athletes with no hands in Starkville. I found it adequately amusing and filled with controlled rage. I bet he ripped the team in the locker room. Our other coaches can get fired up. Leach is different and it entertains me.

Reactions: Dawgtini

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010

Check his postgame out. Leach said our players were afraid of the other team’s jersey. He commented extensively on the lack of hands our team displayed during the loss (especially receivers), discussed evolution and likened our players to animals that lost their hands over time during the evolutionary process. He was worried that in the future, we’d have a bunch of athletes with no hands in Starkville. I found it adequately amusing and filled with controlled rage. I bet he ripped the team in the locker room. Our other coaches can get fired up. Leach is different and it entertains me.

And he alluded to the usual BS officiating we get vs Bama. I told my wife after the first play we were gonna have to beat Bama and the refs, as usual.

That first play was clear defensive holding/PI on that pass attempt. No call. Saw this a few times, even though I got frustrated and didn't watch most of the plays. That dropped TD in the end zone you could see it was caused by the Bama defender grabbing our WR's shoulder a moment before the pass arrived...just enough to throw him off, make it hit his hands just a little differently. Often that is all it takes.

No calls on facemasks against Woody, no calls on Bama holding time and again, BS RTP call when it looked like our lineman actually tried to hold Bryant up after he barely touched him.

And I don't give a damn if & when these pathetic SEC officiating crews throw penalties on Bama later in the game, etc. They only seem to do that either when it doesn't make much of a difference at the time, or after the game is in hand for Bama. I'm convinced they do that on purpose to disguise their intentional bias in the stats.

I freakin' HATE SEC refs!

notYaBoy

Mar 5, 2018
big t rex GIF

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants
Oct 17, 2022
And he alluded to the usual BS officiating we get vs Bama. I told my wife after the first play we were gonna have to beat Bama and the refs, as usual.

That first play was clear defensive holding/PI on that pass attempt. No call. Saw this a few times, even though I got frustrated and didn't watch most of the plays. That dropped TD in the end zone you could see it was caused by the Bama defender grabbing our WR's shoulder a moment before the pass arrived...just enough to throw him off, make it hit his hands just a little differently. Often that is all it takes.

No calls on facemasks against Woody, no calls on Bama holding time and again, BS RTP call when it looked like our lineman actually tried to hold Bryant up after he barely touched him.

And I don't give a damn if & when these pathetic SEC officiating crews throw penalties on Bama later in the game, etc. They only seem to do that either when it doesn't make much of a difference at the time, or after the game is in hand for Bama. I'm convinced they do that on purpose to disguise their intentional bias in the stats.

I freakin' HATE SEC refs!
And listening to Herbstreit going on and on about Bryces smile while the officials were enforcing a two hand touch rule against us was unbearable. scripted entertainment not an amateur sporting event.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
IIRC, Kyle York has a story about Croom getting firey in the locker room.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
You seem to be getting less smarter of late L4. Tom Landry sez hold my beer.

Reactions: Croomonshrooms

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I think Leach doesn't live in the moment. He is thinking two steps past the bad call by the Refs. It's not going to change the call by acting like an *** on the sideline. Point it out, move on. The Refs will remember you pointed it out. Just my opinion. Every time I see saban get emotional on the sideline I think hair piece. The only thing going through my mind is that big fat balding head of his. I keep waiting on the horns to show.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login