I'm calling Coach out, again

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
So last year I asked Coach if we won the SEC West if he'd admit Stansbury was better than he gives him credit for. He said yes, then after the season changes his mind and says something like "I can't say it was a good coaching job when we go 8-8."

Now I'm going one step further and I'm making it alot more clear. My question to Coach is if we make the Sweet 16 THIS YEAR will he quit calling our Coach "Ricky" or any other chiildish grade school nickname. If we do it, I don't want to here any excuses like you had last year about "I can't give him credit when every other team in our division craps out." We either do it or we don't. Nothing about getting a good draw or having to play a weaker team in the second round because of an upset against the team we would have had to play in the first round.

What do you say, Coach. Is it a deal, or will you be hypocritical like you were last year?

J

JR

your arrangement is that if on on the bizzare chance MSU DOESNT make it to the sweet 16 this year, C34 can continue to call stans immature names?

Oh my....

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
No, I know there will be nothing I can do to stop that. Personally, I think it makes Coach sound like he's about 5 years old. I think it's really immature. But, I thought if I throw the challenge out there maybe he'll accept it and my challenge was clear enough so that he can't back out of it if we do make the Sweet 16. After all, that's really his only gripe against our coach - that he's never had a deep tournament run.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
if he was willing to admit that Stans was a good coach last year if we won the west, than surely he will admit it this year if we win the west since we are obviously finishing better than 8-8

1MSUDawgFan

Feb 23, 2008
That's just the thing, he DIDN'T admit Stans was a good coach. ANd I don't want him to admit he's a good coach this year. I already know he is. I want him to stop calling him "Ricky." Actually, I think I'm doing him a favor because I am keeping him from sounding childish.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
If Ricky can get us to a Sweet 16, I'll call Ricky something other than Ricky

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login