I'm going to say something that hasn't been said much about Auburn last night

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
They played really hard and pretty well, given their limitations, after going down 24-3 last night. Most teams would've packed it in. I give them credit for that.

They also have some obvious talent at many positions.

I'm glad we won.
29 will be very valuable in the portal. Some big NIL will be spent on getting 29.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
They are a RB and Dline for sure. And watching the game on Tv, you can tell they had the interim coach bump and were excited to play for Cadillac.
That being said, instead of neutralizing the DLine and their pass rush with the run, we kept trying to pass. There were plays Hall was lining up way outside our tackle and was just teeing off and we called nothing to make them adjust

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
29 will be very valuable in the portal. Some big NIL will be spent on getting 29.
Naw that dude is true blue Auburn. He won't go anywhere. He will attempt to be a part of their solution rather than abandon ship.

And of course he's a Mississippian that we likely could have signed had we really tried.

• Sad
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
They played really hard and pretty well, given their limitations, after going down 24-3 last night. Most teams would've packed it in. I give them credit for that.

They also have some obvious talent at many positions.

I'm glad we won.
I will also add that if we had had three average punts instead of the fumble and those two horrendous ones i suspect the game would have looked a lot different. Momentum can be overrated but we straight up handed it to them last night. I will give our guys credit for stepping up and having a drive when we absolutely, positively had to. But still the least fun I’ve had in a win in a long, long time.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I will also add that if we had had three average punts instead of the fumble and those two horrendous ones i suspect the game would have looked a lot different. Momentum can be overrated but we straight up handed it to them last night. I will give our guys credit for stepping up and having a drive when we absolutely, positively had to. But still the least fun I’ve had in a win in a long, long time.
They said on the postgame show last night that Auburn only had four drives that traveled more than 20 yards. We gave them the ball inside our 35 four times thanks to turnovers and short punts. They scored 16 points on those four opportunities. If we don’t spend half the game stepping on our dicks, we win comfortably.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They are a RB and Dline for sure. And watching the game on Tv, you can tell they had the interim coach bump and were excited to play for Cadillac.
That being said, instead of neutralizing the DLine and their pass rush with the run, we kept trying to pass. There were plays Hall was lining up way outside our tackle and was just teeing off and we called nothing to make them adjust
Remember when we were dline u? Yeah that was nice.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
They’re not a good team but some are acting like this is the LA Tech game last year and I don’t think that’s totally fair. With better coaching they’d probably be a bowl team, Harsin was just a disaster.

They blew a 17 point lead against LSU who it looks like will probably win the West now. They were competitive in Oxford too. Like I said, not a good team, they’re going to finish 4-8 or 5-7 probably. But I can make sense of why they gave us some issues.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Good point. I’m willing to say if you lined up every position player roster to roster we were the inferior team last night.

Auburn has a ton of 4 and 5 star players.
One could argue the same for the TAMU game, as well.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They’re not a good team but some are acting like this is the LA Tech game last year and I don’t think that’s totally fair. With better coaching they’d probably be a bowl team, Harsin was just a disaster.

They blew a 17 point lead against LSU who it looks like will probably win the West now. They were competitive in Oxford too. Like I said, not a good team, they’re going to finish 4-8 or 5-7 probably. But I can make sense of why they gave us some issues.
While they are talented he did not do well in recruiting during his time. Lot of stories out of auburn was their guys would not be out at games on Friday nights and would be prepping for the game instead. So while they are talented they were very putrid and poorly coached. They didn't bring in a whole new staff this week though to magically get a whole lot better

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I was way off on them from what I was predicting earlier int he week. I will say our punt team did all they could to keep them motivated and having hope to not give up. If our punt game is better they probably would have folded.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
Defensive end going against Nick jones was a beast

auburn circled the wagons and came out fired up, undeniable

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I really don’t understand how punting can be so inconsistent with our two guys. Seriously, that’s the one and only thing they have to do. What if a qb only had to throw a 10 yd post. I bet he’d be more consistent than our drunken master punters.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I really don’t understand how punting can be so inconsistent with our two guys. Seriously, that’s the one and only thing they have to do. What if a qb only had to throw a 10 yd post. I bet he’d be more consistent than our drunken master punters.

I should have appreciated Logan Cooke more when he was here.

He might be the best punter in the NFL right now, which kinda makes you the best punter in the world.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Nothing about that game went how I thought it would. I thought we would run a lot. I thought State would run away with it and score over 40 points. Overall State outplayed them in special teams despite the bad punts. I thought they would beat us in the kicking game. They missed a FG and Bascardi made his. They muffed a kickoff and we returned one to the house. In the end our offense and defense made key plays to win the game and theirs didn’t.

Olddude.sixpack

Jan 24, 2020
Seems like some games both punt well and other games they both are bad. Never is one good and one bad in the same game. It did seem like our line was overpowered and the punter had to kick around potential blI is.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login