I'm not interested in starting a thread griping about how're doing in recruiting. Just want your opinion

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Of what our recruiting needs by the position you think is most important for our money guys, coaches should focus on. I know we want a QB and RB in each class but are they at the top of your lists? We already have a 4 star QB committed so did we need to keep chasing another recruit there?

#1 - RB - We really need depth
#2 - OL - You can almost swap with #1 for need in-depth
#3 - LB - We need some headhunters
#4 - DL - We just need to point at NFL guys
#5 - WR - We can get projects here because the top teams will throw out lots of dollar bills
#6 - DB - Again, we need to show what guys went from here to the NFL
#7 - Kickers - Might need to be higher, but we've had rotten luck even with lots of star guys. I think this is really a crap shoot

I'm sure ya won't agree, but I thought it might start some talk about the direction you think we can be successful at, especially since we're in a bidding war now. Wouldn't mind starting conversations that don't center on baseball or politics.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I thought we lost our best guy to graduation. I guess I should have less specific on why I think we need to focus on RBs and why I think our future depends on getting RBs.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I thought we lost our best guy to graduation. I guess I should have less specific on why I think we need to focus on RBs and why I think our future depends on getting RBs.
Pittman looks pretty good to me and hearing good things about him also.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
OL and DL should always be our two most important positions to focus on. Obviously you need talent all over the field. But the saying about winning or losing in the trenches is true.
Exactly, any serviceable QB or RB will look like a star with a good OL and receivers have time to get open. Go back and look at Fant's career as an example. He was one of our best QBs IMHO. 2 years he had a lower tier SEC OL and 1 years a bad SEC line. Unfortunately for him, it was his last year with a terrible line.
On the flip side a good DL will make your opponents QB or RB look bad. Vince Lombardi knew his stuff.
Unfortunately for us, getting good OL and DL players is difficult. Satan and his ilk spend top dollar getting those players because they understand their importance to their success.

Reactions: FQDawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
When it comes to running backs, I am greedy. I want to be like Georgia and have one in the game and two sitting on the bench ready to go.
Just hard to do that in the transfer portal environment when you're not solidly in the running for the national title every year.

Fishmsu94

Oct 4, 2022
I think we are about to pick up transfer RB from Penn State. Always need hosses up front on both sides. I'm not too worried about LB, we have some good talent that is young and should really get their feet wet this season. Safety is a need and should always be looking to get those long CBs that McBath has been good at developing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login