I'm on the Jamey Chadwell train

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
He's the current Dan Mullen circa '09 and has five years of head coaching experience.

He was great at Coastal and has Liberty a Tulane loss away from the NY6. Spread option will work with our athletes and be fun to watch.

Here are the betting favorites for Mississippi State's next head coach:

Jamey Chadwell 3/1
Jeff Lebby 4/1
Willie Fritz 5/1
Rhett Lashlee 6/1
Tom Herman 6/1
John Sumrall 7/1
Glenn Schumann 8/1
Lance Leipold 8/1
Jimbo Fisher 18/1

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
How much is getting him gonna cost us?
Immaterial when Arnett’s buyout is likely $0. Looks like Auburn paid $3M to Liberty for Freeze who had just signed a $40M contract at Liberty. Chadwell’s is half of that.

Tractorman

Mar 15, 2009
Me too, Chadwell is my first choice. I believe the fan base would be united as well. Every time his name is mentioned, the response is in support or we can't afford his buyout. I haven't heard anyone against hiring him. As someone stated earlier, the buyout for firing a coach is not the same as hiring away. It is usually negotiated down. As I stated after UK game, its time to line up Chadwell. I believe that has been done and we are able to announce the release of Arnept. Hail State!

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

3407Dewey

Jun 4, 2014
He's the current Dan Mullen circa '09 and has five years of head coaching experience.

He was great at Coastal and has Liberty a Tulane loss away from the NY6. Spread option will work with our athletes and be fun to watch.

Here are the betting favorites for Mississippi State's next head coach:

Jamey Chadwell 3/1
Jeff Lebby 4/1
Willie Fritz 5/1
Rhett Lashlee 6/1
Tom Herman 6/1
John Sumrall 7/1
Glenn Schumann 8/1
Lance Leipold 8/1
Jimbo Fisher 18/1
Plus if we hire from Liberty, we know we’re getting a good upstanding Christian man. **

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
That was Art, not Kendal. But even then, in October, Art was exonerated.

I just wouldn't give 2 shats at all if someone in the media thought we were bad guys for hiring Kendal Briles. Not one tiny little bit.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Could Lebby bring his brother in law Kendal Briles with him to be OC?

Count me in for that.
Count me out - never been a HC and that’s gotta be the first requirement.

My choice is Leipold - dude has 6NCs at division 3 and made Buffalo and Kansas relevant. His buyout decreased from $12.5M to $6M a couple months ago. Hopefully the powers that be are not as concerned about current buyouts as many of our fans appear to be…

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
That was Art, not Kendal. But even then, in October, Art was exonerated.

I just wouldn't give 2 shats at all if someone in the media thought we were bad guys for hiring Kendal Briles. Not one tiny little bit.
I am aware of who it was, but to show you the cloud that follows and the media would love to pour it on MSU. And the court exonerated him, but the media convicted him years ago…..

Reactions: Darryl Steight

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Definitely one of those 2… not sure I have a preference on 1 or 2… more like a 1A and 1b…
Same. I’d be very happy with either. Maybe ask Leipold first since he’s older and may stay longer.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t want anything to do with either one of them.
Do you not want anything to do with them because you don't like Kendal's offensive playcalling, or because you equate him and his dad? Not being a jackass, I'm genuinely just curious if it's on field or off field issues that have turned people off of him.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
His SPS name would be Jimmy Chadwill...

eyebrows flirting GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login