Im really impressed with Selmon

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
After listening to the press conference. Also, I dont think any State AD since ninja would have had the nuts to make a move mid season. I expect a Mullen type hire.

Reactions: TXDawg.sixpack

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
After listening to the press conference. Also, I dont think any State AD since ninja would have had the nuts to make a move mid season. I expect a Mullen type hire.
If ever this forlorn program was in need of a mullenesque hire, it's now. Relatively younger, super aggressive, obsessively driven, singularly focused, relentless recruiter, hard a s s, mostly crazy, consummate workaholic. Makes everyone around him compulsively nervous with outrageous demands, but has the wherewithal to let the coordinators handle details. There is a 72 year old pattern available.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
If ever this forlorn program was in need of a mullenesque hire, it's now. Relatively younger, super aggressive, obsessively driven, singularly focused, relentless recruiter, hard a s s, mostly crazy, consummate workaholic. Makes everyone around him compulsively nervous with outrageous demands, but has the wherewithal to let the coordinators handle details. There is a 72 year old pattern available.
Thanks for elaborating. 2014 and before Mullen checked all those boxes. I was mostly thinking about getting fan buy in again. Mullen had me believing from his first press conference.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You realize he didn't make the decision on his own? It was signed off on by the boosters who will have to pony up with likely Keenum being the ultimate decider.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Did he actually make an appearance? I heard he might have been some AI thing we were doing.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
A ton of people wrote Selmon off when he didn’t can Lemonis. Personally, after a few mood swings here and there, I am on board with that. They hired a legit pitching coach, and that was our biggest problem.

We’ll have a much better view of Selmon’s decisions by June of next year. He came from Oklahoma, who probably has the best athletic department in the country. And, he’s got connections in the football world.

I really hate that Arnett got sucked into this mess. He’s an elite DC, and had no business being HC in P5. But, he made some catastrophic choices and deserved to be let go.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Firing a coach with a losing record is easy. I'll be impressed when he makes a good hire. That is the hard part.

Reactions: eckie1

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
needs grind, strain and relentless effort

Reactions: 3407Dewey
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login