I'm seeing only 3 wins next year

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Try going to Madame LaRue on the outside of town, she was read your plan and feel the bumps on your head. That should help you with your prognosticating skills. Better yet, go to those random number generator from 1-12. After that post something that actually matters.

Reactions: Predestined

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
Three wins would be shocking. Gotta wait to see how the portal shakes out to make any real prediction, but 3 wins would be unacceptable.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
What we do in the portal will determine if we sniff 6 wins or not. All 4 OOC games are winnable but we could also lose to ASU and Toledo if we do wind up sucking. I think Arkansas is going to be terrible, so I like our chances there. Then it's finding one more win which is doable. I know many folks look at our road slate and say we got screwed but this year I'd rather have those automatic L's on the road so we can potentially get a W at home against a UF, Mizzou or A&M.

I have to try and put what I watched this year out of my head and remind myself we have an entirely new staff. Hopefully it'll be like when Dan took over in '09 and we finally played with energy even though we were outmanned often

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm thinking all of the OOC plus Arky and Fla. It is a pretty tough schedule but I think.we will be competent. If we are better than I expect maybe A&M. Who knows what they will be next year.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Really pointless to do too much predicting before we see how we do in teh portal, but if we at least supplement our OL to where it's a solid G5 G5 quality line or borderline SEC quality line, we should be able to take care of OOC. ASU wnet 3-9 so unless they make major improvement, that should be winnable (certainly not a gimme, but I hope we'll be favored). Toledo did go 11-2, but as far as I can tell the only legit team they played was a 5-7 Illinois team that they lost too. Plus who knows how much they have coming back.

Arkansas has the potential to be terrible, so we potentially have 5 mediocre or worse teams to play.

I think this will be the year the FLorida team either clicks or falls apart. Hard to tell their direction because their schedule was so backloaded. They had a good win against UT early on and they finished up losing 5 in a row, with an awful loss to Arkansas mixed in with four losses to ranked teams. None of the losses to good teams look obviously uncompetitive from the scores but Mizzou was really the only close loss. They also didn't really run away against their weaker competition. They barely got by a 5 win USCe team and lost convincingly to a 7 win UK team. I wish we were getting Florida a little later in the Season. They have 7 winnable games to start the season and then finish vs UGA, @UTex, v. LSU, v. Ole Miss, and @FSU. That could be a brutal five game finish depending on how teams improve or drop off.

After those 6, you have to hope that UT falls off or Missouri falls off. No clue what they have coming back or what their portal prospects look like. I would assume everybody else is just going to out talent us too much on the OL and DL for us to realistically be able to get within upset range with one portal class.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We can get to 6 but I don’t really see any more than that. 7-5 would be an amazing Year 1 for Lebby.

Brutal road schedule but home schedule isn’t that bad. Florida and Arkansas appear to be sinking ships, A&M will also be in a Year 1 with a new coach, Mizzou just had a great year but it’s hard to know how sustainable that is for them, they might go back to just being OK next year and if so, that’s a winnable game for us.

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
What we do in the portal will determine if we sniff 6 wins or not. All 4 OOC games are winnable but we could also lose to ASU and Toledo if we do wind up sucking. I think Arkansas is going to be terrible, so I like our chances there. Then it's finding one more win which is doable. I know many folks look at our road slate and say we got screwed but this year I'd rather have those automatic L's on the road so we can potentially get a W at home against a UF, Mizzou or A&M.

I have to try and put what I watched this year out of my head and remind myself we have an entirely new staff. Hopefully it'll be like when Dan took over in '09 and we finally played with energy even though we were outmanned often
Toledo is losing it's entire roster for the most part, we won't lose to them.

We will beat ASU, they will be improved but we are more talented by a long shot.

We beat UF and Arkansas to get to 6. With an outside shot at beating A&M and Ole Miss.

We will more than likely be 6-6.

With Shapen and Lebby, we are a 6 win team minimum. We need to add a few more pieces, but that's doable. Hopefully we get some of those this weekend in the boat.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Right now ASU has added 9 from the portal, so it seems they are following Arizona's plan from this past portal season. They will be better.
Seems like State is playing the long game with the portal while our rivals are playing the "Let's win something now" game.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
Right now ASU has added 9 from the portal, so it seems they are following Arizona's plan from this past portal season. They will be better.
Seems like State is playing the long game with the portal while our rivals are playing the "Let's win something now" game.
We are probably adding 4-5 commits this weekend. Mostly from the portal. But yeah sure “long game”.

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
Really pointless to do too much predicting before we see how we do in teh portal, but if we at least supplement our OL to where it's a solid G5 G5 quality line or borderline SEC quality line, we should be able to take care of OOC. ASU wnet 3-9 so unless they make major improvement, that should be winnable (certainly not a gimme, but I hope we'll be favored). Toledo did go 11-2, but as far as I can tell the only legit team they played was a 5-7 Illinois team that they lost too. Plus who knows how much they have coming back.

Arkansas has the potential to be terrible, so we potentially have 5 mediocre or worse teams to play.

I think this will be the year the FLorida team either clicks or falls apart. Hard to tell their direction because their schedule was so backloaded. They had a good win against UT early on and they finished up losing 5 in a row, with an awful loss to Arkansas mixed in with four losses to ranked teams. None of the losses to good teams look obviously uncompetitive from the scores but Mizzou was really the only close loss. They also didn't really run away against their weaker competition. They barely got by a 5 win USCe team and lost convincingly to a 7 win UK team. I wish we were getting Florida a little later in the Season. They have 7 winnable games to start the season and then finish vs UGA, @UTex, v. LSU, v. Ole Miss, and @FSU. That could be a brutal five game finish depending on how teams improve or drop off.

After those 6, you have to hope that UT falls off or Missouri falls off. No clue what they have coming back or what their portal prospects look like. I would assume everybody else is just going to out talent us too much on the OL and DL for us to realistically be able to get within upset range with one portal class.
In Sagarin this year, State is #67. Toledo #66 and ASU #83. We should beat both.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
We've got one of the three toughest schedules in the SEC scheduling. It's pretty brutal. 6 wins will be a task but doable.

Reactions: LocalBeachBum
Feb 4, 2015
There is absolutely no reason to even try to make a prediction right now. Some on here were saying we would win 8-9 games this past season so obviously no one knows. My only hope is that next season we will be very competitive and give us hope for the future. IMHO,if we can pull off 6 wins then that will be a victory.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Toledo is losing it's entire roster for the most part, we won't lose to them.

We will beat ASU, they will be improved but we are more talented by a long shot.

We beat UF and Arkansas to get to 6. With an outside shot at beating A&M and Ole Miss.

We will more than likely be 6-6.

With Shapen and Lebby, we are a 6 win team minimum. We need to add a few more pieces, but that's doable. Hopefully we get some of those this weekend in the boat.
Not seeing a win against Florida

Reactions: PBRME and patdog

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

We're already talking about this???

Reactions: LocalBeachBum

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Sign me up for that
I hope the over-under is 3 games. I have to double down on my bet from this year at 6.5. I'm not guaranteeing 4 wins but I'm betting regardless of the number because that is what I do. I know it's stupid but it's how I like to have a little extra fun.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It's too hard to guess how we will play about next year right now. We have a new coach and no idea how we will play. Historically we have played terribly against the teams we have on the schedule next year. We have so many possibilities that are unknown that we've never had before. So I think I'll wait till a little closer to kickoff to start thinking about how well we can do with the schedule we have.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
from what I’ve seen Sunbelt Billy has a pretty easy first half of his schedule then a very difficult last half that will probably get him fired if he goes 6-6. he’s recruited well and Florida has a lot of young talent. They will be decent next year but not good enough for him to save his job. They should start off 6-1 to finish with Georgia, Texas, LSU, Ole Miss, FSU. Looks like 6-6. With a range of 5-7 to 7-5.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
It will be a struggle, but calling only 3 wins before seeing what we get out of the portal is stupid.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
It will be a struggle, but calling only 3 wins before seeing what we get out of the portal is stupid.
I’m not calling 3, I’m calling 4. Arkansas is the only realistic conference win and they have less to rebuild than we do.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login