I'm sure she can't dunk

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
As many have pointed out, it's an apples-to-oranges comparison as the basketballs used in the WNBA are smaller, and the 3-point line is closer than the NBA line.

It's an impressive feat, but it only applies to the WNBA. **** like this is why there is so much pushback on things like this - quit trying to one-up the men and just celebrate her accomplishment amongst her peers.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
As many have pointed out, it's an apples-to-oranges comparison as the basketballs used in the WNBA are smaller, and the 3-point line is closer than the NBA line.

It's an impressive feat, but it only applies to the WNBA. **** like this is why there is so much pushback on things like this - quit trying to one-up the men and just celebrate her accomplishment amongst her peers.

Honestly, who cares? It's an incredible performance.

ETA don't mean to be rude, but I don't give a damn what some media hacks want to turn it into. I'm just impressed by her feat. I doubt she's trying to compare it to Steph's record.

Last edited:

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Honestly, who cares? It's an incredible performance.

ETA don't mean to be rude, but I don't give a damn what some media hacks want to turn it into. I'm just impressed by her feat. I doubt she's trying to compare it to Steph's record.
Whether it was a joke or not is debatable, but she literally challenged Steph to a shootout on Twitter later that night

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Whether it was a joke or not is debatable, but she literally challenged Steph to a shootout on Twitter later that night

Gee, I wonder what the laughing emoji means?? Maybe it means she's doing a little lighthearted ribbing after he sent an earlier tweet calling her performance ridiculous??

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014

HERE. iLL HOLD YOUR WHITE CLAW FOR YOU

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
To reply to the folks who missed my point - it's an impressive feat. It's never been done in either league's contest. But she didn't beat the NBA record because she didn't compete in the NBA contest. ESPN trying to make it an overall record is what I'm calling out, not Sabrina's performance, which again, was the best ever.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
She gets about an 9% advantage for the smaller ball and closer line.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don't agree with ESPN or anyone else acting like this is comparable to the NBA 3 point contest in terms of setting a record.

But, that wasn't why I posted it and I see no need for this to devolve into arguments about something other than how great a shooting display that was.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If men can compete in women’s sports then women need to use the same ball and same 3-point line? That’s equality, right?

No they don't. They're not playing against men and they are physically smaller on average. It makes sense to alter a few things in a game that was originally designed to be played by men.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
No they don't. They're not playing against men and they are physically smaller on average. It makes sense to alter a few things in a game that was originally designed to be played by men.
I get that women need a smaller ball, but I also think they should adjust the diameter of the rim. That would neutralize the advantage of the smaller ball and the closer perimeters, and they’d have to shoot with the same accuracy that NBA player do.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

WTF? That was amazing. Lots of men couldn't do that. It was Larry Bird esque

Reactions: onewoof

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I get that women need a smaller ball, but I also think they should adjust the diameter of the rim. That would neutralize the advantage of the smaller ball and the closer perimeters, and they’d have to shoot with the same accuracy that NBA player do.

Well if you do that, on the flip side you’d also have to lower the height of the rim by a foot or so. So it goes both ways.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

That certainly makes some sense. I would guess it's just a function of the cost and difficulty of doing that since they play in the same facilities generally.

Reactions: eckie1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login