impact of mobile QB = UMich now different

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
I have always thought that JJ McCarthy impact was his mobility. Good passer - not great, but routinely could get first downs with his mobility. Now UMich has a runner at QB who cannot pass and a passer who cannot run. granted that they lost a lot of guys to the NFL but no way they should have deteriorated this much.

very hard to play CFB at a high level with stationary QB. we can see this with Drew - in games where he uses the run we are much more effective.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I have always thought that JJ McCarthy impact was his mobility. Good passer - not great, but routinely could get first downs with his mobility. Now UMich has a runner at QB who cannot pass and a passer who cannot run. granted that they lost a lot of guys to the NFL but no way they should have deteriorated this much.

very hard to play CFB at a high level with stationary QB. we can see this with Drew - in games where he uses the run we are much more effective.
JJ McCarthy’s greatest impact was handing off to Corum who ran behind a really good OL.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021

Sure, it's the lack of a good mobile QB that has Michigan taking a step back this year. We'll go with that.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Tuttle’s big problem is that he’s not accurate. He was all over the place yesterday. He’s 25, did not know that.

Reactions: CbusLion

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
He’s 63 years old. I don’t see him leaving for another gig.
IU doesn't pay Cignetti enough to keep him and I doubt they match stupid-money.

That said, I don't think UM fires Moore after only one year and it's too expensive for USC to get rid of Riley unless they have a complete collapse, which is possible after yesterday's performance.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
IU doesn't pay Cignetti enough to keep him and I doubt they match stupid-money.

That said, I don't think UM fires Moore after only one year and it's too expensive for USC to get rid of Riley unless they have a complete collapse, which is possible after yesterday's performance.
They are 11-9 in their last 20 games under Riley and they just lost to the Twerps. I think the collapse is happening. I just hope they shellack ND and shut up their insufferable fans.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login