In light of the Paps situation and MSU baseball

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
I don't know about ya'll, but I'm tired of having a baseball team with an image that makes them look like panzies.

I'm tired of these 6'0" choirboys with good grades that want to be something want to grow up.

Is it too much to ask for a team with some <17> ballplayers on it? Maybe some that want to win?

I want a team with pitchers that brush hitters off of the plate instead of try to get hitters to chase a waste pitch. If our catcher gets spiked at home plate, I want him to get up and kick the runners ***. If the catcher is too hurt, I want the pitcher, first or third baseman to kick the runners ***. I want some guys that will cuss, that drink beer, maybe smoke a cigarette or joint or two, and still come to the ballpark and give 100% just because they want to win and party some more. I want some guys that will run hard ALL the time and don't expect ANYTHING to be given to them. I want some guys that can hit the ball a mile and then make out with the diamond girl at home plate after he rounds the bases. I want some guys that will get dirty.

And if they turn down some autographs and say a few cuss words in front of fans, hey life goes on. I want players that will jump into the LFL after they win a SR, instead of the other way around. If they miss a few classes, that's OK to.

It's about time we had a damn ballteam instead of a student organization.

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
I want to win it all, getting to Omaha last season was nice, and would be amazing to repeat to get there again.. but damnit I'm ready to be a true winner.. not heres your prize congrats for being 8th best.

A friend and I watched the Final 4 tape the other night, I should of been celebrating and amazingly happy, but after all it was all said and done.. yes i was proud we did that 12 years ago,... but then I remembered damnit, since then we haven't been past the 2nd round, and I want to be a winner not whoa is us, MSU, this is the best we can do.

Not saying that to take the shine off the Final four..because it really is a special moment in MSU history.

and with Polk and the CWS, yes its a great achievement to get there, but being able to almost guarantee we will go 1-2 gets annoying.

</rant off> time to get on the road to Gainesville.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I take it we lost tonight to a <17> AF team! Did not know the flyboys even played <17> baseball.
This may be WAY to premature but I agree, our baseball program, (regardless if we won tonight or not) has become bottom 1/3 of the SEC and I for one DO NOT like it one bit. Sure we got to Omaha last year but we also got hot for about 2 weeks out of a what.....14 week season?!??!?!?!

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
I want MSU back to where they were year ago, winning championships and SEC titles! You know...those years back when we were winning? Which years were those again?

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Brutius, If you don't have a vision you never get anywhere. You are correct we haven't ever won a National Championship, who knows if we ever will. But, if you aren't playing to win one.. what are you playing for?
Now now, i know you are still disgruntled about all those years of losing seasons, and can't stand young people to enjoy winning more often than losing.

patdog

May 28, 2007
STFU Todd. Don't you know that our trip to the CWS last year proves that all is right with MSU baseball again? We're gonna bat .330 this year and we have a deep pitching staff. By damn, we're going all the way this year! We are absolutely loaded and ready to rock and roll.

And just in case we finish 14-16 in the SEC and lose a road regional AGAIN. Never mind.

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
I can assure you that if you ask those that know me, I want MSU to win everything they do, I don't care if it's women's tiddlywinks against MVSU. I can also assure you that I was one of the ones that the blue hairs were staring at as I cussed our referees. Ask DawgAtAuburn, I had various faculty members try to get me kicked out of humphrey coliseum because I dared to stand up and cheer and block their view! What did that make me do? Stand up the entire game of course.

But, with that being said, it's hard to say that I would prefer our teams play dirty, not sign autographs, and be rude/mean if it meant a few more wins. Some of the best memories I have from college is when the baseball team would come out to the LFL after a game. The teams, even with Ricky Joe Redd, were never mean or rude to the fans. (I still have a baseball RJR signed for me, one of his home run balls I caught in center field). If anything, we've had more rude players the past few years when we sucked than we did in the glory years. Tommy Raffo was/is one of the nicest guys you want to meet and he hit the baseball further than anyone Ive ever seen at DNF.

I just don't equate being an arrogant prick to winning. I know that people on this board think being arrogant and boisterous is the way to go, but you can kick *** on the field without being an *** off of it.

Your friend,
Brutius

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Fair enough good Sir, I guess the constant negativity of everything surrounded by msu (from the president to athletics), it just generalizes you into almost Extreme territory.

windcrysmary

Nov 11, 2007
in light of all the bitchin' about paps and all these comments over the last few years about signees from polk "qualilty Miss guy" "good grades"...."helps handicapped people in his spare time"

we're just sick of it because we don't seem to recruit and win on a consistent basis the way a program that constantly shatters NCAA attendence records should... we still have name recognition in baseball....

this frustration has led to posts like todd's and I personally enjoyed it .... we want some "no more mr. nice guy" attitude

cutbaitdawg

Feb 24, 2008
Castoria, Showalter and Raffy have the longest shots I've ever seen in 30 years of DNF. Castoria put one in the cow pasture that is now the track field.

SLUdog

May 28, 2007
being a jerk? I think so. Many players have an on-the-field personality that is quite different from the way they act off the field.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________ Is it possible to be a tough baseball player without... being a jerk? _________________________________________________

It's kinda hard.

Regards,
Will Clark

Brutius

Aug 5, 2004
so you've seen a lot more, but Raffo hit the longest shot I've ever seen, it cleared the center field flag pole in the air.

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
All I'm saying is Sandy Koufax was one of the nicest players in the game. He loved God and is very religious- he wouldn't pitch on Yom Kippur.

But if you dug in against him, you're gonna get knocked down.

I'm not talking about being a jerk. I'm talking about playing the game the right way.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login