In Other News - Britney Griner has been arrested in Russia..

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
As part of a drug investigation. I assume that’s 100% false and she’s basically just a pawn in a geopolitical game, but its a rather scary development.

[TWEET]1500136920206114816[/TWEET]

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Hash oil in a vape cartridge /= a large scale drug transportation plan.

She was apparently detained 3 weeks ago?
And all other US Women's pro players have left Russia and Ukraine.
For those not in the loop, Russia is a common place for women's players to make good money in the off WNBA season.

Indefinitely locking up well known 6'9 lesbian pro with a history of questionable mental health for pilitical gain is not ideal on many levels.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Fun fact: I matched with her ex-wife on Tinder back when she played for the Dallas Wings.

Nothing ever came of it outside some text messages.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Might have been a big dose of dick juice, to keep her testosterone up. I admit, it's easy to not feel sorry for her.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I'm not an "experienced" international traveler but even I know you just don't do this.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Don’t think you have to be a geezer to realize that trying to smuggle hash into freaking Russia probably isn’t a great idea.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Some of yall just out here believing anything ROOSKIE cops say.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Some countries take a very dim view of drug smuggling.

Back in the 90's I was working on a research ship going from Honolulu to Abu Dhabi. We made a stopover in Singapore for about 5 days. This was about 3 weeks before Christmas. During the time we were in Singapore a Filipino lady was apprehended at the airport smuggling in heroin - she had swallowed condoms on the stuff and was caught. She was tried, convicted, given a death sentence, made her appeal, had said appeal denied, was allowed to spend Christmas day with her family in prison and then hung the next day. Some countries do not mess around.

natchezdawg

Oct 4, 2009
She's just lucky she didn't get caned**

Some countries take a very dim view of drug smuggling.

Back in the 90's I was working on a research ship going from Honolulu to Abu Dhabi. We made a stopover in Singapore for about 5 days. This was about 3 weeks before Christmas. During the time we were in Singapore a Filipino lady was apprehended at the airport smuggling in heroin - she had swallowed condoms on the stuff and was caught. She was tried, convicted, given a death sentence, made her appeal, had said appeal denied, was allowed to spend Christmas day with her family in prison and then hung the next day. Some countries do not mess around.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Some of yall just out here believing anything ROOSKIE cops say.

Based on what I know of her, I dont doubt she had the cartridge on her.
Holding her for 3 weeks now and claiming this is part of a large scale drug smuggle is what I dont believe.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Is there reason to not believe them in this case?

Its a Russian state agency. Not believing them should be the default setting.

At best, she was singled out for a specific or more thorough search based on nothing but her stature as a high profile American athlete. At worst, she was framed.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
Its a Russian state agency. Not believing them should be the default setting.

At best, she was singled out for a specific or more thorough search based on nothing but her stature as a high profile American athlete. At worst, she was framed.

So you don't think she actually had it? If she had it, it's illegal. I wouldn't have the nuts to try and fly some edibles from Vegas back to Mississippi, much less leaving/entering Russia

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
So you don't think she actually had it? If she had it, it's illegal. I wouldn't have the nuts to try and fly some edibles from Vegas back to Mississippi, much less leaving/entering Russia

I said I don’t believe it just because the Russian media / authorities proclaim it to be true. Maybe she had it and maybe she didn’t. But pretty much everyone knows that you can’t search even 5% of international travelers for empty weed vape cartridges. It was not an accident that she got popped either way.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Any time now an attorney representing her will hold a press conference declaring her innocence and say it was just a pack of string cheese and not a vape cartridge full of hash

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login