In Retrospect

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
MSU football has been mismanaged since Dan flew the coop. Most of us loved ML and how he kinda stabilized the program but if a better decision had been made post Dan we would be in a much much better position today.
9-4 was so awful, no the hydrogen bomb was Arnett, basically burned the program to the ground with no NIL money to rebuild While our competitors were loading up with talent and moving on. bad decisions, bad timing.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
9-4 was so awful, no the hydrogen bomb was Arnett, basically burned the program to the ground with no NIL money to rebuild While our competitors were loading up with talent and moving on. bad decisions, bad timing.
Right. We have Moorhead a shot, it didn’t work, we got rid of him quick. It happens to all programs. I thought we should have promoted from within, oh well, probably get the same result. But we corrected it with Leach. It’s unfortunate he died, but the real problem was Arnett being hired as if he wasn’t temporary.

Clowns are acting like it was about recruiting…..it was about Arnett being terrible and then Lebby thinking he knew best by sending the whole roster packing. Here we are. We had talent under Leach.

Reactions: Indndawg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Mike picked a bad time to die, had he come back, we'd be coming off another 9 win season. Will would starting QB this year and be even better the air raid (arm wouldn't have gotten stronger, but his decision making would be ever better).

Mike and Dan brought a toughness to the team.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Mike picked a bad time to die, had he come back, we'd be coming off another 9 win season. Will would starting QB this year and be even better the air raid (arm wouldn't have gotten stronger, but his decision making would be ever better).

Mike and Dan brought a toughness to the team.
Definitely, something I didn’t realize until late in Leachs career, he was a hardazz , instilled that culture and managed every facet of the program like a good veteran coach does. We physically beat the piss out of ole miss. You could see which team was tough and which wasn’t in 2022.

was21

May 29, 2007
MSU football has been mismanaged since Dan flew the coop. Most of us loved ML and how he kinda stabilized the program but if a better decision had been made post Dan we would be in a much much better position today.

don't know if most "loved" ML is accurate but he was acceptable at any rate...agree with the rest of it.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
My favorite Leach story was him saying to the wide-receiving corp, “people say you can’t read minds, but I say ******** to that. If you catch a ball and run out of bounds to avoid contact you’ll be able to read my mind. Get up field and gain years for your team.” He taught toughness.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login